FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS2Sim apparently not compatible with Sim Racing Studio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    1coroner
    Participant

I am trying to get my CLS-E yoke and my DOF Reality motion rig to work together playing MSFS2020. If I open SRS (Sim Racing Studio which operates the rig) first, then when I launch CLS2Sim the hardware connect is successful, but the Simulation connect does not complete (“could not connect to simulation”). If I open CLS2Sim first both connections are successful but SRS says “game not configured” and directs me to scroll down to configure it. However, this cannot be done while the game is running. If I close FS2020 than I lose everything. Do these two apps compete for something in MSFS2020 and only one can use it at a time?
    If I do not launch CLS2Sim I can still use the yoke to control the ailerons and elevator but at moderate constant effort, and obviously without variable force feedback and any of the other simulations. I did a short flight with this setup and it went reasonably well, but am I damaging anything in the yoke when I do this? I assume the effort is from moving the motors without power.
    If there is no solution to this problem, I basically have a $2000 yoke that’s not even as satisfying as a $300 yoke, other than the long travel.
    I thought about seeing if the new Flightsim CLS-60 does not have this incompatibility, but it is too wide to be interchangeable with the CLS-E. And if it has the same problem, I am out another $800!
    If this problem cannot be resolved, anybody want to buy a gently used CLS-E?

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi, Diego from development here.

If you own MSFS2020 Steam version , open:
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect.xml

If you own MSFS2020 NON Steam version, open:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimConnect.xml

Search for:

<!-- Example Global (remote) IPv4 Server Configuration-->

and set the following settings:

<SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>0.0.0.0</Address>
    <Port>15050</Port>
    </SimConnect.Comm>

Start, or restart MSFS2020 and afterwards you can connect with both SimRacingStudio and CLS2Sim.

Please note!

Any time you change settings within SimRacingStudio (screenshot), it overwrites this file and you have to manually adjust the file again.
    SimRacingStudio changing settings

I do not know, what exact SimConnect connection settings SimRacingStudio needs, maybe someone can fill that in.
    For CLS2Sim, it needs an IPv4 protocol connection on port 15050 as shown in the xml above.

Regards
    Diego

1coroner
    Participant

That did it. Thank you so much for the quick response. Just did a couple trips around the pattern at a local airport and everything worked perfectly! Diego you rock!
    Happy customer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice