FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS E trim behavior with X Plane 11 Reply To: CLS E trim behavior with X Plane 11

captainmd
Participant

Edit: I setup my X Plane aircraft last night for “realitic” trim as shown by Diego’s video. I figured let me modify each of the ones I fly then see how they respond and then fine tune one at a time.

The Baron 58 seems to work but I still have a hard yoke retreat upon touch down. I cannot hold the yoke in place without me feeling like I’m stressing out the yoke motors.

The Premier 1A which is a very light jet category aircraft trim works using the realistic trim procedure BUT this method has disabled my Vertical Speed VS function on the autopilot. The VS mode on this aircraft is critical and the aircraft cannot be automated without it. Any thoughts as to why zeroing out the aileron and elevator trim settings in Plane Maker would cause this? Is there a counter remedy to this in CLS2SIM?

The King Air 350 works, but the yoke retreat is also strong.

This yoke retreat that happens, is this what it is really like? The elevator weight just takes over and collapses as speed dwindles away?

X Plane’s ground handling of aircraft is notoriously inaccurate by design. There are many complaints about that on the internet and goes well beyond simple rudder inputs to keep aircraft aligned on the runway. I more than welcome true realism which this yoke creates but I think there are the critical limitations like autopilot commands and ground physics that stifle this yokes complete ability.

What are your thoughts?
Massimo

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.