FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS E trim behavior with X Plane 11 Reply To: CLS E trim behavior with X Plane 11

webmaximus
Participant

I remember having the same questions about trim and using hardware trim or not, modifying aircraft using PlaneMaker etc. In the end, I chose to not enable hardware trim and to not do any modifications in PlaneMaker.

Reason for this being when you do modify a plane in PlaneMaker, that might have unwanted effects and when you go to the developer of the aircraft and tell them you changed some stuff in PlaneMaker, they might say you’re on your own after doing that.

Looking at the hardware trim option, in my experience the risk is you will trim the CLS-E yoke rather than the aircraft having that option enabled. If the aircraft you’re flying and its current trim setting isn’t communicating with the CLS-E yoke making sure they “agree” on the current trim setting, then there will most likely be issues.

Another thing worth mentioning is how it can also be down the the aircraft and how it’s modeled. And especially how the AP will use the trim and hand the aircraft over to you when you disconnect the AP. The AP should of course always hand the aircraft over to you in a correctly trimmed state. That might not always be the case though. Previous versions of the Zibo mod had this issue but it seems to have been fixed in newer versions.

One last thing about this. When having hardware trim enabled and checking in the Zibo mod, you won’t see the trim wheel spinning when trimming up/down. This to me is an indication the communication between the Zibo mod and its trim setting and the CLS-E yoke and hardware trim isn’t fully in place.

Anyway, at least with the Zibo mod, all seems good for the time being as long as you stay away from hardware trim. And being an airliner, I don’t have any of the GA-related effects enabled.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.