FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Xplane Baron now has a serious oscillating swing on take-off Reply To: Xplane Baron now has a serious oscillating swing on take-off

captainmd
Participant

Hi All,

I should probably have clarified. I’m using the Carenado Baron 58 with the BRUNNER BARON 58 PROFILE by Stefan. although, I do have the same problem with the X Plane Baron. What I can say for sure is that this swing problem with my Carenado Baron 58 started when I replaced my old Saitek yoke with the CLS E. What Diego says above makes perfect sense but when I try to correct this swing with my rudder pedals, the swaying back and forth amplifies to the point where I lose control of my aircraft.

Derryuk, I think X Plane has an issue where the ground handling characteristics are at the edge of keeping the aircraft on a stable path during takeoff and landing. Meaning, if we use simple non-noisy stock yokes and rudder pedals, we should do fine. But not that we introduce the CLS E which is fantastic, I have a hunch that the nature of the CLS2SIM software injecting forces disturbs the stability of the X Plane ground handling to aircraft relationship. That is why I had to modify the actual aircraft file in plane maker. I modified the wheel coefficient and made the nose gear radius just a bit wider to help with stability. After this, I was able to take off with direct runway winds of 16 kts gusting 23 with minor back and forth veering which I think is correct based on real world Baron videos on Youtube.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.