FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Brunner review by Austin Reply To: Brunner review by Austin

aurel42
Participant

Considering that Austin used X-Plane’s default C172 together with Stefan Brunner’s C172 profile (how much more authoritative can it get?), I feel Austin raises valid points. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect this combination to work perfectly out of the box and show off what the device can do.

blaser, if you have a C172 profile for the CLS-E NG (which, according to the video, is the device that Brunner provided to Laminar to test, and also the device that non-commercial users are most likely to purchase) that addresses the issues raised by Austin, please let me know where to find it.

I have spent hours in the profile manager and still I have no idea how to fix the stuff Austin complained about, like the motor vibration simulation which should not be based solely on the engine rpm, but also on what the propeller is doing.

Also, I have no real-world experience with most of the aircraft I fly using the yoke, so when I set up a new profile for an aircraft, I’m just winging it and using settings that I believe might not be totally unrealistic. That doesn’t mean they’re anywhere close to how the aircraft actually feels. Which is, of course, why I don’t like to share my profiles in the Profile Cloud (unless Brunner support forces me to).

I would love to be able to download “real-world pilot certified” or “real-world pilot approved” profiles for the aircraft I’m using. But so far, I haven’t seen any.

Austin certainly has more hours in a C172 than I do, and I agree with his assessment that the yoke’s feel is “synthetic”. Until now, I assumed the feel was limited by the capabilities of the device, not of the software or profile. (Prove me wrong by pointing me to your shared profile.)

I can just hope that Brunner will actually take Austin up to his offer to help them improve the software. Maybe he can even create new datarefs representing the forces an aircraft (as opposed to the pilot) applies to the yoke in future versions of X-Plane – after all, that’s how force-feedback racing wheels work and some racing sims do wonders when it comes to making a force-feedback wheel feel close to the real thing.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.