FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Could not connect to X-Plane Reply To: Could not connect to X-Plane

sussex
Participant

Hi all – after a couple of years of happy CLS-E operation I have faced precisely the same issues as above, ie “Is the plugin installed and enabled?” “No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it” etc…

After contacting Brunner directly some time ago, on their guidance I have done the following (on several occasions):

· Uninstalled/ reinstalled Xplane
· Downloaded latest Brunner software
· Made sure Xplane was not running
· Installed plugin
· Checked the “Xplane 10 Connector” folder is in the right place
· Started Xplane, then CLS software, on the runway
· (and checked the plugin is working from the top menu within Xplane, but not while trying to activate the CLS software to avoid confusing it)

…Then I checked the firewall settings (inc disabling the firewall) and entered the IP of the machine in the appropriate CLS software setup.

As this issue surfaced during my first experience with Xplane directly (I had previously been operating Xplane and FSX Steam Edition via Flyinside) I also tried reverting to FSX Steam (via Flyinside), to find the same thing.

…On both programmes it will connect to the hardware (and initialise), but not to the flight sim. In FSX it gives no reason for failure – it just goes off to restart every few seconds. FSX also has its plugin installed, BTW.

I have also been through all the “prerequisites” menu several times.

Running this on Windows 10 with a more than capable PC.

Thanks!

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.