berniyh
Participant

Well, that was not an option for me. But there is good news, because it’s now working. CLS2Sim is running on Linux (after installing the corresponding .Net version) and you can connect & use the joystick, just like on Windows.

Disclaimer: I strongly dis-recommend running FW update over wine or anything else that could harm your device!

For my test I was using CLS2Sim v5.0.14, because I had it already installed and did not update yet. But nothing I describe is specific to this version, so I expect it to run just the same on the newer versions, although not having it tested (yet).
Regarding wine, I was testing with 7.15 staging, but any of the (later) 7.x versions should work. If unsure, test the latest available.
First thing is that you need to ensure that the user may access the device via hidraw. wine using hidraw is a relatively new way of accessing HID devices where the linux driver is bypassed and the device is accessed directly. To enable the access, create a file /etc/udev/rules.d/73-brunner.rules with the content:
KERNEL=="hidraw*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="25bb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0092", MODE="0660", TAG+="uaccess"
25bb is the device Vendor (so Brunner), 0092 is the product ID, here for my CLS-E. This one could be different for the yoke or rudder. You can look these up by running lsusb on a terminal.
Then install CLS2Sim in a wine prefix of your choice and afterwards, run wine regedit in this prefix. In the regedit, create an entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/winebus with the name “Enable SDL” as a dword and set it to 0.
This will prevent the SDL backend to be started meaning that the CLS-E will be accessed via hidraw.
Also check the “Start” key in the same folder and ensure it’s not set to 0. (1 or 3 should be fine)

After that start up CLS2Sim and it should find the CLS-E device via HID and you should be able to connect to it.
I only did a few checks with some settings (it’s been a while since I fiddled with the profile manager) and I only did a short check with X-Plane.
CLS2Sim is able to connect to X-Plane (with XP11 running as the native version and CLS2Sim via wine) and the joystick seems to work fine in XP11.

I’ll be doing more testing over the next approx. 2 weeks, but so far it’s looking very good. 🙂

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.