FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS2Sim doesn't fully recognize the A2A Comanche in MSFS Reply To: CLS2Sim doesn't fully recognize the A2A Comanche in MSFS

medtner
Participant

Yeah, this requires cooperation between A2A and Brunner. I heard from Scott Gentile at A2A that they have been in contact with Brunner and will get a unit to experiment with.

My take on this, given the fact that A2A has its own physics engine in Accusim running outside of the simulator, is that they need to send a “dud” of information to MSFS for the CLS2Sim software to read – a package of info to read, but not for the plane to act upon. This means that the Brunner software has the data to provide all the simulation that it does. However, this will only happen if this can be sent to MSFS without it messing up the physics of the lovely Accusim-plane(s).

An other option is for Brunner to supply an option inside of CLS2Sim for users to assign where the data comes from (and also what sort of “range” this data has, as I’m sure it’s standardized in the sim, which is why we must switch the software between MSFS and XP for example). This could be handy with many other planes too, btw, as other complex planes have different ways of controlling the engine physics and/or the control surfaces. The trouble with the AirfoilLabs planes was caused by them doing “stuff” outside the XP-standard, trying to improve upon it, but at the same time making it difficult to have Brunner hardware be compatible. This was recently solved by an option in CLS2Sim to ignore various axis.

The latter is more interesting to me, as I also have problems with the brakes on the A2A Comanche using my CLS Mk2 Rudder. Same problem, I guess – data coming from outside the regular MSFS datarefs.

It can be solved, I’m absolutely confident about this. It’s only a matter of all parties being open to trying some weird stuff to make it click into place.

I’ll help with any testing, whenever needed.

Yours,

Erik H. Aasland

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.