FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Trim in the PMDG NGX Reply To: Trim in the PMDG NGX

Diego Bürgin
Keymaster

Hi webmaximus

Currently I’m not using hardware trim since doing that causes the yoke to “drop” to the left/right whenever I let go of it already when sitting at the gate. Not sure why that is really or how it’s related to the selected trim method in CLS2Sim.

Can you recreate the situation and make a screenshot of the upper half of the profile manager? I’ll have a look then.

First question is when checking the flight controls after setting the t/o trim I notice how the elevator isn’t centered according to the status page in the NGX but instead it’s indicating about 25% pitch up. This is when using a fairly normal t/o trim around 5 units. Looking at the physical yoke (as well as the NGX virtual yoke) they are what I would estimate about 75% pulled back.

There are multiple possibilities. Please disable the yoke physics (top-left checkbox in the general tab) and tell me how the behavior changes.

Second question is when I disconnect the A/P on short final I need to be very careful to apply some forward pressure on the yoke before actually disconnecting to avoid “ballooning” since the trim at this stage always seem to be very much pitch up.

I understand that the behavior is sub-optimal, but with the experimental AP fix for the elevator movement Stefan sent you, this is the trade-off at the moment.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.