FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Flight Simulation Software X-PLANE 9/10/11 Profile configuration for GA aircraft – yoke physics Reply To: Profile configuration for GA aircraft – yoke physics

Diego Bürgin
Keymaster

Hi Maurice

Thanks for immediately uploading the profiles, that way I can test a lot better.

To your first question about the yoke physics:

Airspeed and Prop wash are calculated independent from each other, so you don’t have to match speed to thrust.
Also important to note is that the effects are not cumulative and the speed settings as well as the thrust settings are not exact settings and have to be fine-tuned through try and error. This is because the firmware of the yoke factors in other components such as friction and dampening, effectively changing the thresholds to some degree.

Second:
The aileron box is unused in any plane I know of. It was integrated to help us test the yoke physics separately when supporting users, as the aileron is affected by less of our software components than the elevator. So setting the effect on the aileron allows us to test if that particular setting works with less interference from other systems.

Third:
What does the position value for aileron at the top of the profile manager say?
Can you make a screen shot of the profile manager when that occurs?
I assume you did you make sure that aileron trim in X-Plane is set to zero.
I have so far observed that behaviour with I think almost all standard planes in X-Plane 9 up to 11
and it also occurred when using a USB joystick instead of the Brunner CLS.
I assumed it to be a issue of center of gravity, or an imperfection build in to encourage the use of aileron trim.

Final issue:
Same as above, a screen shot will help me determine what could trigger this.

Happy landings
Diego

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.