FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Flight Simulation Software X-PLANE 9/10/11 Profile configuration for GA aircraft – yoke physics Reply To: Profile configuration for GA aircraft – yoke physics

mauricecohen
Participant

Here is a detailed description of the problem with using the autopilot on the XP11 default 172.

I have modified the plane’s .acf file as indicated in the CLS2Sim Help file and in the video by S Brunner using Plane Maker. The .acf lie is attached (Cessna_172SP.zip)

I have edited and used the 172 profile by S Brunner from the cloud (keeping the Software trim option). The profile is attached (Cessna 172 XP11.zip)

I take off in the plane, maintain the runway heading, climb at 700 t/min, set the VS on the autopilot to 700, engage the autopilot and VS. The plane continues to climb, BUT AT 800 FT/MIN as shown on the VSI and the elevator trim in the sim moves steadily and rapidly to its maximum down position. Except for the discrepancy in vertical speed between the value shown on the autopilot and the value on the VSI, the autopilot and the plane seem to function.

But, as you can guess because of the position of the elevator trim, as soon as I disengage the autopilot. the plane dives and accelerates and it is impossible to recover. Attached is a screenshot of the Profile manager to show the pitch values.

I have had the yoke for 2 weeks and I am still looking for basic help.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.