FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Trim in the PMDG NGX Reply To: Trim in the PMDG NGX

jovabra
Participant

Webmaximus,
My experiency in a level D sim (767 and 747) is to long ago to get the real feelings in my hand 🙁

I did not create a deadzone for the control wheel but only a sort of “zero feel”. I will look up for a roll centring feel in the maintenace manual.

No special reason to deactivate the stickshaker.

For the forces on the control wheel i have this information for you. It is from the original 737-800 maintenance manual
At this moment i did not checked the force on my system. You can use it so you can find the best force. You see it had nothing to do with speed.
Only the elevator is speed depended. I must figured out the elevator/rudder force in the maintenace manual but this only valid with 0 speed due to the ground test

I have some information from an former colleague and he send me the
the original 737 Aircraft Maintenance Manual.
This is a part of it about the force setting.
If you want more specified information pls let me know

E. Do a Test of the Control Wheel Force
SUBTASK 27-11-00-730-002
(1) Do a check of the control wheel force:
(a) Set the indicator on the control column assembly protractor, to zero degrees.
(b) Turn the control wheel clockwise until the aileron starts to move.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 29.0 pound-inches
(3.2 newton-meters) or 4.5 pounds (20.0 newtons).
(c) Continue to turn the control wheel clockwise to 5 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 35.5 pound-inches
(4.0 newton-meters) or 5.5 pounds (24.4 newtons).
(d) Continue to turn the control wheel clockwise to 20 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 56.0 pound-inches
(6.3 newton-meters) or 8.5 pounds (37.8 newtons).
(e) Continue to turn the control wheel clockwise to 40 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 89.5 pound-inches
(10.1 newton-meters) or 14.0 pounds (62.2 newtons).
(f) Continue to turn the control wheel clockwise to 75 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 123.5 pound-inches
(13.9 newton-meters) or 19.0 pounds (84.5 newtons).
(g) Release the control wheel.
1) Make sure the control wheel goes back to the neutral position.
(h) Turn the control wheel counterclockwise until the aileron starts to move.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 29.0 pound-inches
(3.2 newton-meters) or 4.5 pounds (20.0 newtons).
(i) Continue to turn the control wheel counterclockwise to 5 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 35.5 pound-inches
(4.0 newton-meters) or 5.5 pounds (24.4 newtons).
(j) Continue to turn the control wheel counterclockwise to 20 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 56.0 pound-inches
(6.3 newton-meters) or 8.5 pounds (37.8 newtons).
(k) Continue to turn the control wheel counterclockwise to 40 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 89.5 pound-inches
(10.1 newton-meters) or 14.0 pounds (62.2 newtons).
(l) Continue to turn the control wheel counterclockwise to 75 degrees.
1) Make sure the force to turn the control wheel is not more than 123.5 pound-inches
(13.9 newton-meters) or 19.0 pounds (84.5 newtons).

Regards
John

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.