FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Frequently loosing connection to X-Plane

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    medtner
    Participant

Thanks, that would be fantastic! I usually try to keep around a few older versions too, but I’ve never had any problems so got complacent.

erik_bloodaxe_(A)hotmail.com

(A) = @ of course 😛

othello
    Participant

Months ago I reported that error and received a version that waits 10 seconds before disconnecting.
    With the update to the latest version, disconnecting is worse than ever.

At first I thought I’d wait for XP12 and test how it behaves with that, but since almost every flight the aircraft becomes uncontrollable several times, often ending in a crash at lower altitudes (approach), I’m back to a solution soon.

It would be best if you could specify the time until disconnect, the time span should be at least 5 minutes!
    That should not be a big effort, because already now is certainly a short time waited, only the short time is just too short for some cases.

I too would be interested in an older, working version.
    Is it possible to send mail addresses as private message?

Günther

johnrutoski
    Participant

Sure send me your email address

othello
    Participant

Thank you for the offer!

I opened a ticket and already received the answer that CLS2Sim will have the ability to set the time to disconnect and the time to reconnect.

Thanks to Brunner Service for the quick response.

Günther

racklefratz
    Participant

Quoting: “It looks like CLS2SIM does not use a stable method for the connection to X-Plane.
    It would be helpful if there were no 10 seconds delay for the reconnection to start.

I find it strange that I do not get an answer from Brunner.
    I guess the only thing left for me to do is to open a ticket.

/Günther”

First, let me acknowledge that I’m totally aware this is in response to a 2 year old post, but things here seem to move at glacier speed anyway. 😉

Did you ever get any resolution to your X-Plane connection issues? Now, 2 years after you posted about this problem, X-Plane 12 has been released, and I am unable to use my CLSE MK II yoke with it using the latest CLS2SIM software and firmware available. I posted a new topic about this separately 2 days ago, and there’s been no response from anyone, but I remain pretty certain I’m not the only one experiencing issues with X-Plane and my Brunner yoke.

I find it interesting that the X-Plane plugin included with the most recent CLS2SIM update is still “XPlane10Connector”. X-Plane 10 was two complete X-Plane versions ago – X-Plane has changed substantially, and one would assume that any plugins for X-Plane would also need to evolve with it. In addition to a completely unflyable CLS2SIM update rate of ~10/sec, I also get frequent CLS2SIM disconnects and CLS2SIM Dataref errors from X-Plane 12 – something’s not right.

othello
    Participant

Hello,

the fix for my reported issue ist part of the last 3 (?) versions.
    The solution is, it is configurable how long cls2sim will wait before disconnect and how long until reconnect.
    I use 30 seconds for disconnect, so the connection will survive a load of orthos at tile boundaries.

And if I was for a longer time in config mode, a short delay for reconnect is OK

Happy flying!.

othello
    Participant

Forgott to mention,

I use 2s delay for reconnection, but I was warned it is very short and could make the SW unstable.
    Until now it worked for me, but I will test a longer delay.

/Günther

racklefratz
    Participant

Hi, Gunther –

Yes, I’ve noticed those settings, but it seems like a workaround to me, not a fix. IMO, CLS2SIM shouldn’t be disconnecting. In P3D, it doesn’t. I think you had it right when you said early on that the CLS2SIM-XPlane connection is unstable.

IIRC, in X-Plane 11, I was not experiencing disconnect issues; I’ve uninstalled it now that XP12 is out, so can’t test it. But it’s X-Plane 12 that CLS2SIM can’t seem to deal with properly, and I’ve NEVER had any disconnect issues in P3D.

I still suspect it has something to do with the “XPlane10Connector” plugin CLS2SIM installs – “X-Plane 10” was years ago. I’m not a coder, so it’s just a guess, but the disconnects and the CLS2SIM Dataref errors XPlane 12 produces point to something that’s not right. Why should CLS2SIM be disconnecting on its own in the first place?

Regards,

David

racklefratz
    Participant

I’m giving serious thought to going back to one of my old “conventional” joysticks, just so I can use X-Plane 12.

othello
    Participant

It is primarily a problem of X-Plane.
    OK, maybe the check if the remote terminal is still responding can be solved differently, but it is X-Plane that is misbehaving in my eyes.

X-Plane’s problem is that the main thread seems to be so busy from time to time that it processes requests only extremely delayed.
    It should leave the work to the worker threads and handle the request que itself.

And the extreme reaction time is always the case when there is a lot to do, e.g. when ortho data has to be reloaded, and I already had this problem in XP11.
    XP12 is more resource hungry, so this error is more noticeable.

If a thread in X-Plane had so much free resources that it would immediately answer a request whether everything is still OK, there would not be these aborts.
    And this answer to the “still alive?” requests must be given even if you are in the config menus.

Therefore the delay of e.g. 30 seconds is a workaround, which gives X-Plane time to get back to you.

othello
    Participant

Another proof that X-Plane is not behaving properly is the fact that during the loading process the window cannot be moved for a while.

The mouse request or keyboard input is not processed.
    Windows itself also reports that X-Plane is not responding.
    (see picture attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice