FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software MSFS C700 Longitude VS arm conflict

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kirk
    Participant

As you can observe in the following short video, when autopilot pitch and roll are checked in CLS2SIM, I get a violent pitch up when arming VS after leveling the Longitude after takeoff. When I de-select AP pitch and roll settings, this behavior does not occur.

Notably, with the SF50 Vision Jet G2, which also uses the Working Title Garmin platform, this behavior does not occur.

I am asking for any insights into the root cause of this issue. I am able to mitigate it in the meantime as explained above.

YouTube

By loading the video, you agree to YouTube’s privacy policy.
    Learn more

Load video

CLSE-NG Yoke
    CLS2SIM v5.7.7
    MSFS 2020
    C700 Longitude
    Windows 11

Thank you

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi Kirk

Open the file:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Brunner Elektronik AG\CLS2Sim\Settings\connection.stx
    Search for APP_SWITCH_CUSTOM_AP
    Set false to true

In CLS2Sim you can now decide more finely grained when the AP mode of the hardware should be active. (AP tab > Custom AP button)
    Also, try to fly with “Don’t set pos in AP mode” disabled and see if that improves the situation.

Regards
    Diego

kirk
    Participant

I am still struggling to isolate the exact cause of the Longitude losing altitude lock while in AP mode. Couple of examples:

– turning to a localizer intercept course at 150 kts, flaps 2, and during the turn the aircraft starts to descent (while in ALTS mode flying level at 3500 ft)
    – flying down an ILS glide slope and after being established on the GS, the plane starts to descent below the GS although the AP and GS both show normal (green).

So it’s a dynamic of “losing the altitude guidance” and this does not occur if I use a basic stick instead of the Brunner yoke. It also does not occur with any other aircraft, just the Longitude. But I find nobody else that is having this issue.

I am not understanding the additional fine grain settings that are available … if you could further describe how to use those, it would be appreciated.

Thanks …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice