FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Yoke won't move when autopilot is engaged in the Zibo mod in XP11 Reply To: Yoke won't move when autopilot is engaged in the Zibo mod in XP11

airspeedactive
Participant

Hi all, I installed the CLS2Sim 4.19 beta, the new XP connector, and I’m using ZIBO 3.33e on XP11.31. Enabled the Brunner hardware option in the EFB. Overall, this is marvelous! I can now engage ZIBO AP with CLS2Sim connected, and the AP drives pitch+roll without over-controlling (as it would do previously with CLS2Sim 4.14 and older ZIBO versions, invariably leading to out-of-control outcomes), and the AP also moves the Brunner yoke accordingly. In limited tests (flap retraction, engaging VNAV SPD, all during a climbing turn on HDG SEL), AP is very stable. Slight pitch oscillations during initial descent in VNAV. Thereafter, stable again during approach decel, ILS capture, autoland.

However, one quirk that stood out was that the yoke forces are much heavier now, using the same profile that I had from CLS2Sim 4.14. Then I noticed that in 4.19, CLS2Sim shows the current reported airspeed (in knots) at the bottom of the window. But there’s a big discrepancy in this reported airspeed; in fact, the value seems almost double what the sim is doing, in all phases of flight (as far as I could monitor). E.g. when the ZIBO PFD shows 153 knots IAS, CLS2Sim reports 300 knots. Sorry, I should have taken some screenshots to show for this. But anyway, I’m thinking that’s why the yoke is putting out much heavier forces now, as it is going by that almost-doubled airspeed on my force curve.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.