Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    steve
    Participant

Hi all,
    happy new year, especially in flight simulation domain as 2021 is gonna be a rich period 🙂
    I use the CLS-E with a Virpil T50CM2 for a month now and it’s really good. Really good overall Quality.

Personnal Remarks and issues especially with Combat/Aerobatics use and CLS-E limitations:

1.thermal protection of electric motors is really annoying for aerobatics (especially in formation flying).
    as the underload of force comes instantaneously, in a wide loop for exemple, it always happens when you need to be fine on pitch because near of dynamic stall / buffeting.
    possible solution(?): trigger the protection sooner according to T°C and timing with a smooth transition (ramp) of Force changing. So we’ll be able to manage and stay sharp in handling while the engine is still protected.
    Can we hope a fan cooled version in the future? I love the feeling of the 3.6 Nm as it reminds me the real alphajet hydraulic!

2.not tested indepth, but the trim follower is so great (hardware trim).
    issue: in DCS with the Su-27 for exemple, when pulling trim, physical reaction of the stick is perfect, whereas in the sim, the effect of trim is only taken in account when you realease the trim button.
    real stick: moving like in real life and strength feeling decreasing is perfect
    in DCS: instantaneous offset when releasing the trim at the new position, so unable to make a smooth loop with the trim whereas it’s the way aerobatics team handle. Probably a DCS/CL2Sim issue (?)

Couldn’t test it yet with FS2020 as I’m waiting a new power supply unit for my rig, FS2020 is too much for the moment (RTX3090 hard reset after few seconds/minutes…)

looking forward your response.

best regards from France,

Steve

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.