FORUM Forums Products CLS-E Joystick CLS-E Joystick trimming with Coolie hat

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eliottk
    Participant

Hello,

I have a question about the Joystick with the A10 Stick mounted. When I press the top Coolie hat (grey one on the top) on the stick to “Nose Down” or “Nose UP” or “RWD” or “LWD” the whole stick moves in the corresponding direction. Can this be disables? I think it’s about to trim the Joystick or something else.

eliottk
    Participant

Hello,

any ideas about this topic, I saw in the manual that the HAT is default mapped as trim without the CLS2Sim Software, but it is also mapped as trim when I connect the CLS2Sim software. How can I unmap this, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Kind regards
    Eliottk

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi Eliottk

In CLS2Sim, go to profile manager.
    Select the profile you want to edit on the left.
    Open the Buttons tab in the center area.
    There the coolie hat is by default configured to trim.
    Just set the corresponding actions to “Not bound”.
    Press OK on the bottom right and your good.

Regards
    Diego

eliottk
    Participant

Hello Diego,

please see the picture below is this the right point where to change it?
    I’m sorry but I can’t find the button assigned, all buttons are unassigned.

Kind regard
    Eliottk

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    eliottk
    Participant

Hello,

after an update to the new Firmware (v.493) the problem seems to be resolved and it is working now.

Thank’s for your help.

Kind regards
    Eliottk

heloguy
    Participant

The entire stick moving with trim is actually realistic, depending on the type of aircraft being flown. Most helicopters work this way, and quite a few airplanes do as well.

Force trim is pretty much the whole reason for having this stick over a spring centered one.

taildragger831
    Participant

Just received my CLS-E, very fast shipping thank you. However I am not able to trim, in fact the image that eliottk posted is what I am seeing. But the firmware is v503. Any ideas?

bobshopsupreme
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having exactly the same issue. My coolie hat on the Warthog stick changes the position of the stick, even though there are no buttons bound in the CLS2Sim software or in the sim.

When I move the coolie hat the ‘position’ value changes in the profile manager screen and the stick moves forward or back (or left/right), but the ‘trim’ value stays at zero.

I’m having difficulty getting aircraft in trim properly and I think this is why, because it is probably interfering with the trim buttons or the sim trim if and when I set them.

Software version 4.29.3. I’ve tried a clean installation with no effect.

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi
    Open a ticket you will get an firmware update
    Regards
    Stefan Brunner

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.