FORUM Forums Products CLS-E Rudder CLS-E Rudder Trim configuration for Airbus aircraft

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Samuli
    Participant

Hi,

Is there anyone who has properly managed to configure Brunner Rudder Pedals to work with any Airbus add-on for FS2020, X-Plane or P3D?
    I am struggling to get this work as it should, having the same issue with all simulators.

In each sim the effect is a bit different:

FS2020 – Fenix A320: Pedals move the rudder but when I trim the Brunner pedals are not moving at all (Fenix pedals do move when I trim)
    P3D5 – FsLabs A320: Same as with Fenix.

X-Plane12 – ToLiss A319: Pedals move the rudder. With AP disconnected, when I trim, the pedals move with the trim setting, but as soon as I connect the AP the trim (as much the Brunner pedals as the toliss pedals) freeze to the actual position and don’t move synced with the actual trim. Then (when airborne) some weird stuff starts happening like AP disconnection, etc…

I have followed the instructions for configuring CLS2Sim the best of my knowledge, so can’t figure out what I have missed.

I only managed to get some sort of answer from Toliss forum from a developer quoting that “due to custom functionality, the current rudder trim position is not managed by x-plane, but internally inside the plugin”. That I would have to connect them to the dataref “AirbusFBW/YawTrimPosition” in order to get feedback that you want to have”.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Would be highly appreciated.

Thank you beforehand,

Samuli

Eliteflyer
    Participant

Hi

Have you acquired the CLS2SIM instruction manual from Brunner. This has some salient points regarding trim setup for various sins.

Just a thought

Regards

Eliteflyer

Samuli
    Participant

Thank you for your answer Eliteflyer.

I have been following the “HTML Help” if that’s the document you are referring to.
    Unfortunately no joy for now.

Eliteflyer
    Participant

Hi

Sent an email with front page of the manual. I will send again here.

Eliteflyer

Eliteflyer
    Participant

Whoops

Seems its to big for the forum.

See cut version lets hope.

Eliteflyer
    Participant

Hi

No good. See your email

Eliteflyer
    Participant

Hi

If you cant find it, the manual, I can email it to you.

One more attempt😜

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eliteflyer
    Participant

That did it👍👍👍👍

Samuli
    Participant

Thank you again!!! and great to have it now as a pdf. I will have a look if there is anything that I might have missed, but that is in my understanding what I have been following

Jivan
    Participant

Hello, Have you managed to solve the problem? I am waiting to get the pedal delivered and I too would like to use it in conjunction with the Fenix.

Cheers Jivan

Samuli
    Participant

Hello Jivan,

Not really yet, I have sent couple of messages to Brunner Helpdesk, still waiting for an answer. At Fenix they seem willing to do something about, but also goes a bit slow. They have escalated my request but let’s see what they will be able to do. Just hoping that both parties (Brunner’s and Fenix’s teams, as well as other add-on devolopers) will be willing to join forces to make things work.

I was a bit surprised to know that at Brunner they don’t officially support any third party aircraft, as the whole magic of Brunner hardware is to have them work properly with high end add-ons. Default more complex aircraft just lack of realism (not the case for GA aircrafts though).
    Of course, I also perfectly understand that supporting third party add-ons is not possible if the developers don’t share the required technical details in order to make products compatible, but having received an e-mail from Fenix stating that they have escalated my request regarding the compatibility of the Brunner pedals gave me suddenly a good shot of hope, so fingers crossed!

Keep me posted once you receive your pedals and if you manage to have them properly configured.

Jivan
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

“FS2020 – Fenix A320: Pedals move the rudder but when I trim the Brunner pedals are not moving at all (Fenix pedals do move when I trim)”

When you say that tye brunner pedals are not moving after trimming you mean mechanically?
    So besically the pedals are not usable with the Fenix 320?

Do you usually manual trim the rudder or leave it in auto?

I have to admit that I never trimmed the rudder manually on the a320.

Do you have the Brunner Joystick as well?

I should receive mine after the 18th of March I they must built new units. I will let you know as soon I will set it up. So we can share our experience. I will al send a message to Fenix as well, just so they know that we are more and more people using Brunner Hardware.

But true I hope it will become more compatible in the future.

Jivan

Samuli
    Participant

Pedals are useable, but they work just like any other non-force feedback rudder pedals system. They just don’t synch with Fenix A320, meaning that pedals remain centered in the same position when trimming the rudder (they don’t move).

My aim is to practice engine failures like in the real airplane. So when your engine fails you first need to center the beta target (triangle on top of the PFD) by applying the appropriate amount of rudder deflection, then trim to neutralize the pressure required to keep the beta target centered (if removing your feet from the pedals), and then switch on the autopilot. Once autopilot is ON, rudder pedals should then automatically move according to the trim position, so that when you disconnect the AP the aircraft stays in the trimmed condition.

No, as for the moment I only fly Airbus aircraft (real life airbus pilot) so I don’t need the Brunner yoke (which by the way I have seen in action and seems fantastic as well). My thrustmaster sidestick serves the purpose pretty well right now.

Definitely, if you have the chance to write to Fenix and also to Brunner team once you get your unit and are facing the same issues, I really hope that will help to get both sides to work together to make both pedals and add-on compatible!

Jivan
    Participant

Real Airbus Pilot, great to hear! I am just an hobbyist but a friend of mine is an a320 pilot and I wanted him to help me setting up the rudder. I will show him your post and see if we can replicate.

I really want to deeply learn the 320 as for now the Fenix seems to become a very good addon.

I was thinking to complete the Brunner set with the Joystick Brunner joystick base as I mostly fly Airbus as liner but still undecided, as I can’t find any information if it has damper effect to replicate the an Airbus one.

Jivan

Samuli
    Participant

Yes please… do so!
    Used to fly the A320 series but already quite a few years ago, but feel the Fenix is absolutely fantastic and very immersive. I also love the FsLabs A320 for P3D and the ToLiss for X-Plane. They are all add-ons pushed to a very advanced level.

Don’t know how the Brunner Sidestick behaves, but knowing the pedals I just can imagine that after configuring them properly they can add lot of realism. Just remember that the Sidestick don’t move… Airbus aircraft having auto trim, the side stick is just about the force you need to apply, but it’s not connected at all to the trim, always centers on the same center position. CP & FO sidesticks are not even connected to each other, so absolutely no feedback in regards to what the other guy is doing.
    So I assume the Brunner sidestick will be relatively easy to configure via CLS2SIM for any Airbus aircraft.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice