FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke CLS-E Yoke and Rudder in a Network?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    arndt777
    Participant

Hello,
    is it possible to install Yoke and Rudder in a network, so that CLS2Sim is not installed on the FlightSim PC, but on a client? This could eliminate the CPU burden on the FlightSim PC (for me right now between 5 and 9 %).
    Kind regards
    Arndt Laube

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Yes this is possible, but Virtual Joystick vJoy for USB mapping will not work
    see here https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/SettingsForm.htm
    Just set the IP-Adress from the simulator PC

Regards

Stefan Brunner

arndt777
    Participant

Hello,
    I tried this: I installed CLS2Sim on the Client PC and connected the rudder (I have rudder and Yoke) via an USB cable with my Client PC. In the simulator section of the settings tab of CLS2Sim I inserted the IP address of my Flightsim PC, and in the field ‘Select executable’ I inserted the link to Prepar3D.exe on my Flightsim PC.
    When I press ‘Connect’ in the hardware section of the CLS2Sim main tab, this connection is soon established. But when I try to connect to the simulation (Prepar3D), I always get the message ‘Could not connect to Simulation’.
    What could be wrong?
    Kind regards
    Arndt

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Arndt

You need to install the client on the Prepare3D PC when it is on another machine
    See here https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/Prerequisites.htm

Regards

Stefan Brunner

domnick
    Participant

Gents,

maybe a heads-up since I do not know your installation routine and it did not work for me until I edited SimConnect.xml manually (maybe the installer does not overwrite an existing file, which generally is good). In my SimConnect file there are already multiple ports opened for a remote installation of ActiveSky (500 and 6811). The relevant port for the CLS devices seems to be 15050. Until I added the lines below I was not able to connect the device to P3D.

<SimConnect.Comm>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Address>INSERT YOUR LOCAL IP ADRESS OR SERVER NAME</Address>
    <Port>15050</Port>
    </SimConnect.Comm>
    </SimBase.Document>

Regards,
    Dominik

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.