FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS-E Yoke and Rudder Pedals Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rao579
    Participant

1. I want to share an observation regarding CLS-E yoke. In X-Plane 11, motor and ground vibrations of yoke and rudder pedals reduce to zero as soon as the throttle is set to idle RPM i.e. 1500 RPM for Cessna 172. However, in case of P3D, motor and ground vibrations do not reduce to zero and remain as such even with throttle set to idle. As far as I understand, motor and ground vibrations are a typical feature of CLS-E yoke and rudder pedals and do not depend on flight model. Can anyone please explain this?

2. Increasing / decreasing engine RPM which means engine power does not change intensity of motor vibrations of CLS-E yoke and rudder pedals. I believe that motor vibrations intensity should change with engine power as in case of real aircraft.

3. Functioning of CLS-E yoke can be temporarily stopped as per requirement (e.g. when flight is paused due to any reason) by pressing Power ON/OFF button available on Yoke display. However, this does not stop rudder pedals. Is there any way to temporarily stop rudder pedals?

4. I am using Saitek Trim wheel for trimming of elevator. The problem is that when I move trim wheel up or down, CLS-E yoke also moves along with trim wheel movement. In real aircraft, this does not happen and yoke does not move while elevator is being trimmed with trim wheel. Any solution to rectify this issue?

jalexb88
    Participant

4. I am using Saitek Trim wheel for trimming of elevator. The problem is that when I move trim wheel up or down, CLS-E yoke also moves along with trim wheel movement. In real aircraft, this does not happen and yoke does not move while elevator is being trimmed with trim wheel. Any solution to rectify this issue?

Not entirely true. The pitch axis on the yoke in a real aircraft with fixed horizontal stabilizers will move with trim wheel movement, when there is enough airflow over the elevator/trim tab. In aircraft with movable stabilizers, (stabilizer trim) then there should indeed be no movement of the yoke with trim actuation, but a Cessna for example, then yes there definitely should be. I am sure that you can configure CLS2SIM to find the trim behavior you desire.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.