FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS Profile Manager GUI issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    webmaximus
    Participant

Whenever I have XP11 running and open up the CLS2Sim Profile Editor window it’s very small and also looking at the Buttons tab it’s unreadable as seen below. I’m using a 48″ 4K screen and I have the scaling in Windows 10 Display properties set to 200%.

To me it seems to be a scaling issue with CLS2Sim but weirdly enough only happens with XP11 running. Without XP11 running I don’t have this issue.

This is what it looks like.

CLS2Sim Profile Manager GUI issue

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Can you open a ticket for this
    I need to forward this to Diego
    He will check after his holidays

Regards

Stefan Brunner

webmaximus
    Participant

Sure thing Stefan, I’ll do that.

webmaximus
    Participant

Hello,

Is Diego back from his holidays yet?

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi Webmaximus

Jup, I’m back, sorry for the delayed answer.

The short answer is, this is not a bug, but a limitation that has no proper workaround, so it will stay as is for the foreseeable future.

Here’s the longer answer to explain the technical aspect of the problem:

The weird thing here is that you only observe this with XP11 running.
    Normally when you set the DPI to higher values, you always will have that effect.
    As you can see, UI elements like headers, textboxes, dropdowns, etc, will sort of break, when you change DPI.

That’s not a bug, but a a combination of limitations of the UI technology CLS2Sim is currently built upon and its design.
    It was optimized from start to run on XP, which was never intended for high resolutions.
    (It uses Winforms instead of WPF, with a fixed size UI.)

This isn’t possible to fix, except for starting from scratch, so for the foreseeable future it will have to stay that way.
    Sorry.

Regards
    Diego

webmaximus
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation.

Quite annoying not being able to use CLS2Sim properly with XP running but not much to do about it then.

Wishing you a great weekend Diego!

webmaximus
    Participant

Just wanted to ask if this issue at least is on a to-do-list to be addressed at some point in the future?

I for one think it would be really nice with a fully working UI even when XP is running.

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Can you try newest version 4.10.8

Regards

Stefan Brunner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.