FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software CLS2Sim "Could not connect to Simulation": Annoying issue!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    yoveldelrio
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased and received a new CLS-E NG Yoke. I must say the yoke is quite impressive, and using it makes the simulator feel like a real aircraft.

However, I have ran into an annoying issue when attempting to connect the yoke to Prepar3D v4 using the CLS2Sim program.

When I first start my computer and run P3D, CLS2Sim works fine, and allows my yoke to connect to P3D v4. I then go on to use P3D and the yoke works excellently.

However, when I quit and close the P3D program, and later attempt to connect CLS2Sim to P3D, I see an error message which says, “Could not connect to Simulation.”

Why is this?? As far as I can tell, P3D has fully closed. CLS2Sim is up to date, and has “Use LM Prepar3D” under settings selected. The only way I can resolve this is by resetting the computer. But I do not want to reset the computer every time I use the yoke with P3D.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thanks!

vp49p3
    Participant

yoveldelrio

I think each time you have to close the CLS2sim program besides closing P3D. I had the same problem as you. If I didn’t close CLS2sim, when I started P3D again, CLS2sim wouldn’t start.

Question for you. I keep getting a message that says I am using unregistered hardware and that CLS2Sim will close in 10 minutes, which it does, and then tells me to purchase a license. I purchased my items directly from Brunner, so I can’t figure out why I keep getting the message. Anything you know to do?

Thanks, Jay

yoveldelrio
    Participant

Thank you! As far as I can tell, that seems to have resolved my issue. But I’ll report back if it reemerges.

As for your question, unfortunately I cannot say. I haven’t bumped into that issue, but it sounds quite odd. Sorry I can’t be of more help. Hopefully someone from Brunner can chime in.

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi all

For anyone getting the message “hardware is not licensed” and CLS2Sim closing in 10 minutes please open a ticket in helpdesk

Helpdesk

We will provide a link with an update and a licensing tool

Regards

Stefan Brunner

yoveldelrio
    Participant

Looks like I may have spoke too soon regarding my issue. I’m still forced to restart my computer if I want to connect CLS2Sim to P3D v4.

Any other options on how to resolve this?

Diego BĂĽrgin
    Keymaster

Hi yoveldelrio

I can’t reproduce the problem.

Information I need:
    – Can you tell me step by step, what you do?
    – Do you have any other hardware connected? (Trim wheel etc)
    – I assume it happens regardless of what plane is loaded?
    If not what exact plane model are you using?
    – Also please tell me if any/what addons to P3D you have installed.

Getting debug information:
    We just uploaded CLS2Sim 4.12.2 can you try it with that version?

1. Go to the CLS2Sim installation folder and delete the file logfile.log
    2. Start CLS2Sim in Debug mode by running “CLS2Sim.exe -debug”.
    3. When you can’t connect again, close CLS2Sim after trying two/three times.
    4. Go to the CLS2Sim installation folder,
    make a zip file containing the folder “Settings” and the file “logfile.log”
    and upload the zip file here in the forum.

Regards
    Diego

yoveldelrio
    Participant

Yes, I have the latest version of CLS2Sim (v4.12.2). The problem still persists. I deleted the logfile.log file… but I do not know how to start CLS2Sim in “Debug mode.” Could you explain? Is it a command prompt entry?

In the meantime, I will explain what I’m doing step by step.

1. I’ll start my computer (Windows 10)
    2. I’ll open CLS2Sim
    3. I’ll open Prepar3D v4.3
    4. When the Prepar3D scenario screen opens, I connect the hardware using CLS2Sim, initialize the hardware, and then connect the hardware to the simulation. All these steps are successful.
    5. I am then able to select any aircraft in Prepar3d (including 3rd party add ons), load any scenario, and use the Brunner yoke successfully by selecting one of my yoke profiles.
    6. When I’m finished using Prepar3D, I will exit the program, and ensure the program is terminated in my Task Manager.
    7. I will ensure CLS2Sim and all 3rd party Prepar3d add ons are terminated and exited.
    8. When I wish to use Prepar3d again, I will repeat steps 3 and 4, but will receive a “Could not connect to Simulation” message. The only way to remedy this is to restart my computer completely.

I have and use the following:
    Windows 10
    CLS2Sim v4.12.2
    Prepar3D v4.3
    Active Sky for P3D v4
    REX Sky Force and REX Texture Direct
    FTX Central 3, which has installed various ORBX add ons, including FTX Global Base Pack and Vector
    Several 3d party add on aircraft (Including PMDG 737, Aerosoft Airbuses, CaptainSim 757, A2A C172, etc, etc)

I also have and use SPAD.neXt, a program which I use to manage my Saitek hardware, including:

Saitek Trim Wheel
    Saitek X52 Pro Joystick/Throttle
    Saitek Rudder Pedals
    Saitek Throttle Quadrant
    Saitek Multi Panel
    Saitek Switch panel
    Saitek FIP Panel

All of the hardware functions properly in Prepar3D when I use Spad.neXt. Sometimes there are connection issues between CLS2Sim and my Saitek Trim Wheel, but this is remedied by reconnecting the yoke to CLS2Sim and restarting Spad.neXt. I do not think Spad.neXt is interfering. Even when I do not start it, I am unable to connect CLS2Sim to P3D.

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi yoveldelrio

Upload a screenshot of your “Connection Settings” in CLS2Sim

Regards

Stefan Brunner

yoveldelrio
    Participant

Sure. I added an attachment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi yoveldelrio

Your connection settings looks ok

Please do also what Diego has told you above and upload logfile.log

Getting debug information:
    We just uploaded CLS2Sim 4.12.2 can you try it with that version?

1. Go to the CLS2Sim installation folder and delete the file logfile.log
    2. Start CLS2Sim in Debug mode by running “CLS2Sim.exe -debug”.
    3. When you can’t connect again, close CLS2Sim after trying two/three times.
    4. Go to the CLS2Sim installation folder,
    make a zip file containing the folder “Settings” and the file “logfile.log”
    and upload the zip file here in the forum.

Regards
    Diego

Regards

Stefan Brunner

yoveldelrio
    Participant

How do I start CLS2Sim in Debug mode?

Diego BĂĽrgin
    Keymaster

1. Make a copy of the CLS2Sim shortcut on the desktop and rename it to “CLS2Sim debug mode”.
    2. Right-click on it and choose “Properties”
    3. In the Target textbox change
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Brunner Elektronik AG\CLS2Sim\CLS2Sim.exe”
    to
    “C:\Program Files (x86)\Brunner Elektronik AG\CLS2Sim\CLS2Sim.exe” -debug
    4. Click OK

Regards
    Diego

yoveldelrio
    Participant

Okay thanks. I gave the steps a try. Hopefully I did it correctly! I attached a zip file with the Settings folder and logfile file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego BĂĽrgin
    Keymaster

Thanks.

The log file tells me that CLS2Sim has no error.
    So we can say at least that all components had installed correctly.
    Maybe its a version incompatibility.

At this point our only chance is a remote session.

In CLS2Sim go to Help > Remote Support.
    Then send me the 9 digit id here.
    I’m UTC+2, in what time zone are you?

Regards
    Diego

yoveldelrio
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the help. I’m US Eastern time zone.

For now, it seems like this may be some sort of issue on my end. I think it has something to do with the Prepar3d process not ending properly when it closes, but I may be wrong.

I’ll do some more troubleshooting, and if it doesn’t work out, I’ll arrange for a remote session sometime soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.