FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Cross wind behaviour

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ebaw
    Participant

CLS2Sim v.4.20.1
    GER1104 CLS-E yoke
    Firmware v362

I am using the baron 58 profile from Stefaan Brunnner, only thing changed are the buttons.
    The turbulence setting is checked in the profile.
    Tried the default ramp setting of 5, 1 and 10
    i fly the default Baron 58 with REP from Simcoders in Xplane 11.33
    I find it strange that when selecting in Xplane weather a crosswind of 5 knots and a gust adding another 5 knots , I sometimes get a huge up or downdraft , so much that I have to push or pull the yoke to its travel limmits.

The manual states that it is the aileron axes that is affected .
    I am not a real pilot, but it seems to be a bit over exaggerated?
    I thought this would be correct if one select turbulence in the sim, but not just a crosswind,
    BTW, this also happens with no gust, only crosswind, even at low windspeed.
    Ivo

derryuk
    Participant

Have you got turbulence ticked in CLS2SIM as well? From my short time with this software I believe CLS2SIM turbulence is independent of Xplane.

Derry.

ebaw
    Participant

Hi Derry,
    Yes, ticked, otherwise there is no force feedback with winds selected.
    Now, I love this yoke, and the turbulence setting gives a great feeling of immersion.
    But there are some issues .
    This is my personal opinion and experience, and might be different for some one else.
    I flew a rectangle test circuit , heading 360/270/180/90 degrees, set the wind 5 knots, with gust up to 20 knots,from 360.
    a great difference, to see how the yoke responds.
    When the gusts is a one time gust, meaning it goes up to +/- 20 and back to 5
    And stays at 5 for let’s say 5 á 10 seconds , then the yoke force only kicks in when the gust is decreasing, when increasing it does not do anything ,
    When there are multiple gusts after each other, then the force stays during the duration of these gusts.variating from left to right.
    However, not always from the direction I expect.
    For instance, banking right from 360 to 90 degrees , and the wind coming from 360, I expect with the left wing being the upwind wing, a gust would lift this wing higher , so the yoke force should move it to the right, and I would feel the force when applying left aileron fighting the wind , sometimes it does, but sometimes it is the opposite, and i feel only the force after the right aileron input to compensate the over reaction .
    If I understand it correct the software reads the wind data from( in my case Xplane ) and randomly generates forces.
    If this is not the case than someone from Brunner must correct me or delete this answer because it is not positive comment and I do not want to offend anyone.

However, if it is correct, then it would be nice that the wind data from the sim could match the yoke software , and the random factor is removed .
    It is odd that you see the nose of the plane go to the left in a gust, and you feel nothing , but feel a random force when the nose returns to it’s original position.

One other thing is that I set the forces % from 1 to 40, and with a 2 knot wind get sometimes a 40% force feedback, the same as with a 20 knot wind.
    Therefore I have different profiles for calm and strong wind conditions ,
    Ivo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.