FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Effects-Yoke physics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kevin
    Participant

My yoke used to follow the Yoke physics setting, “pushed to middle pos by aerodynamic forces”, at a set airspeed. With various updates on X-Plane this seems to stopped working. I wonder if anyone else see the similar issue? Or any suggestion on correcting the problem.

I’m using:
    – X-Plane 11.32r2
    – CLS2Sim v4.20.1 / XPlane10Connector V6.3.2 (is there a XPlane 11 Connector I should be installing)
    – Beechcraft King Air -Stefan Brunner profile
    – Brunner CLSE Yoke FW:360 / CLSE Rudder FW:369
    – Carenado King Air B200 v1.1

Thanks!

kevin
    Participant

Performed additional “ground test” …

Settings
    CLS2Sim v4.20.1 [Effects] tab settings
    – Yoke is pulled forward by Elevator weight section
    – Speed at Yoke starts to be affected = 35
    – Speed at which yoke gets pushed to middle = 50

Test results (IAS reading from CLS2Sim v4.20.1)
    – No Yoke movement at 35 or 50 IAS (full forward)
    – Yoke begins to pull back at 90 IAS and continues to pull back as aircraft accelerates
    – Reducing speed from 110 IAS, Yoke moves forward as aircraft slows, at around 50 IAS Yoke movement stays around middle
    – Speed below IAS 50, yoke move to full forward position

It would appeared that the initial push to middle at IAS 50 function doens’t work ?

Any thoughts on how to correct this issue or if I’m missing something in the setting?

Thanks.

kevin
    Participant

Another Settings
    CLS2Sim v4.20.1 [Effects] tab settings
    – Yoke is pulled forward by Elevator weight section
    – Speed at Yoke starts to be affected = 0
    – Speed at which yoke gets pushed to middle = 0

Results – Notice yoke start to move from full forward towards back starting around 80~90 IAS, likely similar to previous setting.

May be Yoke Effects setting is being overwritten by the new flight modeling of XP 11.32?

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin

There is no issue with that feature…

settings like
    – Speed at Yoke starts to be affected = 0
    – Speed at which yoke gets pushed to middle = 0
    is not working
    Minimum for (Speed at Yoke starts to be affected = 0) = 20
    Minimum for (Speed at which yoke gets pushed to middle) = 40

also check your force profile for the elevator axis
    if the forces are too low the yoke will not move to the middle, or you feel like it starts to move on higher speeds.
    So just increase the force on elevator axis

Regards

Stefan Brunner

kevin
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Thanks! I think my issue may be the force profile. I will double check that setting.

Regards,
    Kevin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.