FORUM Forums Products CLS-E Rudder Fluttering toe brake

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    medtner
    Participant

I have just gotten the CLS-E MK2 Rudder pedals. They work nicely, but I have a fluttering brake inside X-Plane.
    It’s always there when I push the brakes, but only on the brake that is on the same side of the most deflected rudder pedal.

In other words. If I push both brakes, and right rudder, I get fluttering right brake, and if I press left rudder (past “neutral) I get fluttering left brake.
    I’ve calibrated the brakes, and see not a single hint of fluttering there.

Hope someone can help. 🙂

Otherwise I am thoroughly in love with these pedals. It’s now more difficult to fly the DHC-2 Beaver that I’m learning to fly, but that much more realistic and rewarding.

medtner
    Participant

I’m sure the holidays have been slowing things down, but I thought I’d just report back.

SimCoders have had a look at this issue and came up with a solution in their software, and the fluttering is now gone.

Read more about the exchange here, and do the simple fix if you also have this problem:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/235591-brakes-fluttering-likely-cause-rep-static-elements-brunner-rudder-pedals-solved/

BTW: I tried using the Thrustmaster TPR pedals while this issue was resolved. They are fantastic pedals, but after using the Brunners for a few days before… oh well… no comparison. I thought force feedback rudders were unnecessary. I was wrong… 😀

jovabra
    Participant

Hi all,
    I observed the same problems with X-PLANE 11. My solution:
    I disabled the “Analog Input” to “Not Bound” in the CLS2sim software
    In the X-PLANE settings you find the CLSErudder in joystick setting for your Rudder and Brakes.
    I also adjust the sensitivity settings (aircraft dependent – for me ZIBO 737-800)

I would also mention the following:
    Lately it has happened very, very,very often that you lose the connection between the CLS2sim software and X-plane. Very annoying, especially if you disconnect the AP and you want to take it over manually and nothing happens.
    Regards
    Jo va Bra

medtner
    Participant

The problem for me was a conflict between the SimCoders software for the DHC-2 Beaver and the particular way Brunner uses datarefs. SimCoders worked out a solution for this, and it’s now working brilliantly.

A tip for that disconnecting in XP:

Go into the settings menu in CLS2Sim and check the “Auto connect” box little more than halfway down the settings page, in the middle. That way the software will autoconnect if you loose connection for whatever reason. I find that I loose connection when I enter the menu of X-Plane, so I make sure to not have to do that in the middle of a maneuver. 😛

jovabra
    Participant

I’m not familiar with SimCoders and thanks for the tip about the disconnecting.
    Regards

barnecut
    Participant

Hi @JovaBra,

Looks like you are where I want to be with Zibo and these rudder pedals. Do your pedals move with the Zibo autopilot in a coordinated turn? The yaw axis and brakes work when I connect the pedals to the pc with USB (and to the yoke via ethernet) but I have to map the brakes in X-Plane Joystick settings. If I do not map them, I get a flutter and very weak braking. Not enough to be able to engage the parking brake (on my CFY TQ). No brakes at all if I only connect the pedals to the yoke (no USB to PC).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Pete

jovabra
    Participant

Hi Pete,
    No they didn’t. I think this is normal but for the 737 i’m not sure. The rudder is more for assistence in (heading change) roll. There function is Turn Entry and Exit coordination. For the planes I’m still a little familiar with, there is no direct feedback. In cruise, the rudder is usually used for yaw damping. These are often small and short movements of the rudder in that case you want to feel back in your rudder pedals. There are aircraft (??) that do get feedback during the landing phase and at a certain altitude etc. so the pilot knows what the position of the rudder is. This is called parallel mode for the ‘decrab’ during crosswind landing.
    Parallel functions (CWS, Rudder) deflect the controls. Serial functions (LSAS, Yaw Damper) do not.
    Succes
    John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice