FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Help with basic functionality

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    gitnick
    Participant

First of all, thanks Brunner for filling the gap with this much needed/desired product. I’ve figured out many things about the software, and what I have working, has been lovely!

Now on to my outstanding issues.

1. I found the default profile for the 172 didn’t work correctly at all for AP, unless I untick “Don’t set Pos in AP Mode”, is this expected?
    2. With the above modification, I seem to have AP somewhat working. But the stick oscillates quite a bit. I can’t seem to find the setting that will dampen this behavior, even after turning off all effects. How can I get AP fully working?
    3. I use Joystick Gremlin to configure universal modes for my HOTAS setup. This way, I can hold down a button and double the number of buttons I have available. In sims that support software trim, this is ok, since I can just not handle buttons in CLS2SIM and the stick will read trim values right from X-Plane. This is also cool because I can use the trim wheel in VR, and it affects my physcial stick. The issue I have is that I’d like to create a general profile with custom curves and hardware trim for use in other sims. The only problem is I can’t map my virtual vjoy devices to trigger the hardware trim functionality. Is there any way we could have custom bindings for that? Bindings that could be from any controller? Not just the connected one? Since joystick gremlin allows for python plugins, I considered using your Remote Control server, but after playing with it, it appears not to support HW Trim button commands.

Thanks for all your help. I’m so close to having this all working. It’s crucial to me to have working Trim and AP, otherwise, Loving it!

(oh, and PS, is there a way to get access to the TBM900 profile from the Yoke, and use it as a base for a workable profile for the stick? I’d love to benefit from some of Totoriko’s work there)

gitnick
    Participant

Oh, and despite the CLS-E base apparently not using vJoy, it still fights over it with Joystick Gremlin. Is there a way, when all I have is a joystick, to not have it claim vJoy?

gitnick
    Participant

Neglected to mention the following support information:

CLS2SIM: 4.20.1
    X-Plane: 11.34r1
    Hardware: CLS-E Joystick base. Firmware v399

All the testing has been with the default 172 with modified trim settings per the manual. The 172 profile from the Brunner cloud, the defaults, and my own configs have been tried.

gitnick
    Participant

More troubleshooting. I did two fresh installs of 11.34r1 and 11.35b1, no addons. Same issues. I’m running out of ideas… could the unit be defective?

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Can you explain your main problem…
    Is a bit confusing

For my understanding is the little oscillating on the stick, right?

Please add some screenshot of your settings
    See also attached picture

Regards

Stefan Brunner

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jovabra
    Participant

Hi all,
    If you have problems with vJoy so the WINDOWS 10 update 1903 is the troublemaker. I have sent on 05-05-2019 a mail to BRUNNER about this problem with all relevant information.
    I have sent also a message to the AVSIM forum:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/555422-vjoy-and-win10-version-1903-not-a-happy-couple/?tab=comments#comment-4015014

Regards
    John v Braam

jovabra
    Participant

Sorry. Typo.
    I have sent the e-mail on 05-06-2019

gitnick
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for getting back to me. Ya, besides the other issues mentioned the above, the wobble is most critical. Here’s a link to a video of my settings, and illustration of the problem. In your setting above you don’t have the axis reversed, which mine need to be. Also, you seem to be on an older version of the firmware.

I also notice the wobble when sitting on the runways, with no effects.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11LJHHqAJwcQ_IclVq3Nss8vA1uxDCxyG/view?usp=sharing

gitnick
    Participant

Another late night of failed troubleshooting.

Still can’t get AP to work without serious rubber banding. Also, I couldn’t find a way to trigger HW Trim functionalities from other devices when using the stick with a generic profile for non-supported sims.

The AP issue is the most critical, since I haven’t been able to complete a single flight since a week ago, when I received the new base.

I have tried the profile on the Profile Cloud for the 172 from Stefan many different ways, and even when untouched, it doesn’t work. It was labeled for an older version of the software… is there a way to download previous CLS2Sim versions?

I think I’m out of options at this point, any help would be appreciated.

jovabra
    Participant

Hi gitnick
    I create some pictures about my settings. It is not only for the ZIBO but i generally use this for PMDG/MD82 etc.
    I have the stall warning/stick shaker, Ground vibration disabled and motor vibration disabled. If you like it, activate them.
    I’ve also a profile for the standard X-PLANE11 – 172 without strange aileron vibrations.
    set 1
    Regards
    John v Braam

Attachments:
    jovabra
    Participant

set 2

Attachments:
    jovabra
    Participant

set 3

Attachments:
    jovabra
    Participant

set 4 (last)

Attachments:
    gitnick
    Participant

Thanks Jovabra for trying to help. Not sure how I can use those settings to solve my problem, since I have the Joystick, not the yoke. Also, since it’s a 172, not a 737, settings will be wildly different.

The joystick wobbles/oscillates/rubber-bands whenever AP get is turned on, regardless of profile. I’ve only gotten it die down a little when I turn forces way down, but then it doesn’t seem to respond well…

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Reduce the “Force” value of the Autopilot

see here
    https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/CLSProfileManager.htm#autopilot

Regards

Stefan Brunner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.