FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke HW Trimming Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wazooda
    Participant

For the life of me, I can’t find a trimming setting that works well.

I generally fly the A2A C172 with hardware trim selected and trim assigned to the left rocker switch.

The problem I’m having is if I try to trim, for example, to level flight.

I apply back pressure to the yoke until I get zero VS, and then I quickly press and release the rocker switch. Usually, I don’t feel and relief of pressure on the first press or two. However, when I do, it usually feels like a “jump” and thus, if I’m applying back pressure on the yoke and press down trim, it over compensate and the plan starts a descent.

Any tips or suggestions for getting this to work better? I’m a real world pilot, and trimming my 172 is *infinitely* easier.

Thanks,

Paul

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Paul

Which Profil you are using, can you upload your profile to the new Profil Cloud so we can have a look

Regards

Stefan Brunner

wazooda
    Participant

Hey Stefan,

Actually, I’m using your C-172 SP profile. 🙂

I messed with the Velocity setting under the trim and brought the speed down from 50 (default) to under 10.

This enables better fine tuning…. but I’m still only getting marginal tactile feedback…. and it takes much longer to trim.

Which, I guess, begs a question about what *should* I be feeling in the best case scenario?

One of the challenges, of course, is only having ever felt *my* yolk so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thus, assuming velocity is set at 50, flying an A2A C172 in P3D and having to apply back pressure to the yoke to remain in level flight… should I feel *some* relief in the back pressure when I push the trim rocker…. or does it have to hit some value before the yoke takes over some of the load?

My experience has been that when it eventually *does* relieve pressure, it usually over-compensates and I find myself pushing instead of pulling on the yoke to maintain level flight. I should also note that for testing purposes, I use one finger to hold level flight so I can immediately feel when the pressure is relieved.

In addition, I find that when I near the trimmed position (i.e. any pressing of the trim button will send it immediately out-of-trim with a +- 300-500 VS), I need to either push or pull the yoke VERY slightly hoping to find that “magic” spot of zero VS.

I know that trimming is very hard to do correctly in a sim, but I want to get as close as possible and hope for some guidance on this.

Thanks,

Paul

skiff
    Participant

I’d like to bring this one back up to the top, as I’ve been having this same issue. The yoke doesn’t seem to respond to the first couple of presses of the trim button, and then will abruptly “jump.”

Is this expected? If not, any recommendations of changes to make?

jovabra
    Participant

I’m using a registered version of FSUIPC.
    My Trim up/down buttons are disabled in the CLS2sim software (4.24.9) but I use the “Not bound/USB button”. In the FSUIPC software and in the Button/Switch tab I select these “Elev Trim Up/Trim Down” functions and also the “enable control to repeat while held.
    Note: I don’t have the A2A172 but the A2A182.
    For me, the trim works the way I think it’s good. No heavy up/dwn reaction.
    Ps I am not a real world pilot

mrscott
    Participant

CLS-E vs CLS-E NG YOKE BUTTON / HAT SWITCH CONFIGURATION…?

I’d like to know how you all are configuring your Setups. It appears the CLS-E has the following arrangement of button/switches.

CLS-E
    LEFT
    1) Two Red momentary buttons. Located on TOP
    2) One Black momentary toggle (fore/aft toggle for I assume Pitch Trim) Located on TOP
    3) One Red momentary button (Located on backside of yoke)

RIGHT
    2) One Black momentary toggle (fore/aft toggle for I assume Pitch Trim) Located on TOP

CLS-E NG
    LEFT

RIGHT
    1) One Eight Way Hat Switch. Located on TOP

Assuming I have this identified correctly, How do you guys have these mapped? Are they the ideal arrangement or would you prefer a different setup?

Some folks have asked about different configurations and Brunner is listening. As a RWP, and soon to be Brunner FFB client, the original configuration appears ideal. Below is how I would set it up.

CLS-E
    LEFT
    1) Two Red momentary buttons. Located on TOP (Yaw Trim)
    2) One Black momentary toggle (fore/aft toggle for I assume Pitch Trim) Located on TOP (Pitch Trim)
    3) One Red momentary button (Located on backside of yoke) (PTT)

RIGHT
    1) Two Red momentary buttons. Located on TOP (Roll Trim)
    2) One Black momentary toggle (Would prefer the toggle rotated 90 degrees and not fore/aft toggle for use as Roll Trim) Located on TOP
    3) One Red momentary button (Located on backside of yoke) (CWS)

All comments, suggestions and personal preference welcome.

Thanks,

Scott

jovabra
    Participant

Hi all,
    For me it is very simple. All buttons and the two rocker switches are linked with vJoy and FSUIPC for the PMDG737-800 and
    for X-PLANE ZIBO to the X-PLANE vJoy button set-up.
    I have a CP-Flight 737 MCP wich i can use fore PMDG and X-PLANE.
    Only the left hand button (1) is for AP disconnect and the R/H (back side)is for start/stop clock
    The L/H rocker switch is only for trim up/dwn.
    What else needs to be activated goes to my CFY Throttle Quadrant or directly to my CP-flight Nav/Com panels.
    This only for both 737-800
    Other aircraft other configuration
    Regards
    John
    Add info: Trim function is performed by the CFY TQ software. Also the throttle/reverser levers, spoiler speedbrake/flaps, parking brake, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.