FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Increasing pitch force with G-Force factor, related to bank angle in GA?

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by bilk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jackz
    Participant

Hello to all

The title says all:
    Will the CLSIM software in the future include a function to relate the yoke’s pitch force to the actual G load Factor, knowing that the pull force increases greatly when doing steep turns IRL (it becomes noticeable when bank angle>20° in GA aircraft)?
    Maybe it’s me but I feel that this behaviour is not taken (yet) into acount in the current version of the software.

AFAIK, Yoke force is related to:
    – airspeed (at least deviation from required trim speed), which is already taken into account by the software (airspeed squared)
    – power augmentation or reduction
    – current flaps settings, that induces a longitudinal change of Center of pressure position, thus the arm betwwen it and the center of Gravity
    – G-load, be it when changing attitude (pull-up from descent to level flight for example) or during level turns.

Loosely one can assume that Yoke force = (trim_speed – airspeed) + (flap setting) + (power setting) + (g_load)

We already know that load factor is (among other factors) related to bank angle with the load factor n being n=1/cos(bank angle).

As the CLS-E is used for real training, I think this feature would be definitely a plus. may I suggest this feature be added?
    I also know that, at least for XPlane and FSX/P3D, the sim returns the actual GForce load (through the Simconnect ACCELERATION BODY Y for example in FSX), so I think it maybe worth a try?

As a former CFI and a pilot IRL I would be delighted to help if you want to go this route, so to have the software closer to the real thing.

Jacques

ady7970
    Participant

Any response to this please Brunner? I would like to see this functionality also.

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi guys

The G load Factor is planned for a next release probably V4.4

Regards

Stefan Brunner

bilk
    Participant

Hi.
    Stefan, has the G load Factor been introduced and if not is this still intended?
    Regards,
    Bill

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Bill

Good news…
    G-Forces are already implemented (only X-Plane for now) but not uploaded yet
    We will release this end of August

If you open a ticket in helpdesk i can send you a link for Beta download version for testing

Regards

Stefan Brunner

bilk
    Participant

Thanks Stefan for the quick response and the ‘Good News’
    I have opened a ticket as requested.
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.