FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Look try one of these guys, anyone willing to invite me over? :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gitnick
    Participant

Hey! Nick here!

I’ve been eyeing one of these setups for quite a while. I may finally be able to get one, but I can’t make up my mind on what I want. I’m hoping to find someone that wouldn’t mind me checking out their setup. I’d like to make a slightly more informed decision considering the cost that just taking a chance on getting it right the first time. I live in NW Montana.

Thanks guys!

Nick

gitnick
    Participant

And…. I managed to mess up the title. Supposed to be “Looking to try one of these guys, anyone willing to invite me over? :D” Can’t figure out how to change the title though 🙁

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Your post is not clear
    Can you explain..

Regards

Stefan Brunner

gitnick
    Participant

Hey Stafan!

Sorry. I should be more specific. I’m just trying to figure out a way to get hands on with any/all of the CLS-E, CLS-E NG, CLS-E Rudder Pedals and/or CLS-E Joystick. Just trying to figure out what would fit my needs best.

The things I would like to test most would be the following:

CLS-E and CLS-E NG: Test the difference between them and see if the NG is too much of a downgrade in regards to yoke display and, in particular, range of movement and forces. While on paper it seems like I would be missing out using the NG, maybe it’s less of an issue that I think.
    Joystick: Would this be as good/better for me vs a yoke. My biggest concern here, at the moment, is that I understand that it’s not suitable for use with an extension, and that it won’t work with the excellent VKB Gunfighter MK II grip I already own.
    Rudder pedals: I’d like to try them out and see if they are something I can’t live without 😀

I think most of my concerns would be handled if I could just have some in person hands on time.

Side note: Can you get get the NG with the display on the yoke? How much extra? And does the latest versions of the regular CLS-E have the same yoke as the NG, including the hat switch?

Thanks!

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

As long you do not need the more force and movment of the CLS-E Yoke,
    the CLS-E NG is fine for you…

The NG is not availabble with display now ,may this wioll change in the future.
    The CLS-E Yoke can be ordererd with Hat-Swith (left or right)
    Please talk to sales@brunner-innovation.swiss if you need such feature or
    if you have any other question on purchasing.

I can not tell you if a joystick is better for you because i do not know which games you are usually playing.
    but joysticks can be used also in wide range of games not only flight simulation

Regards

Stefan Brunner

gitnick
    Participant

Thanks!

The joystick would be tempting. I fly mostly X-Plane, DCS, IL-2, and Aerofly FS2. I currently own the VKB Gunfighter MK II, but my understanding is that combo/grip won’t work with your base, correct? Also, DCS isn’t yet supported?

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi VKP Joysticks does not have the same Interface plug so it will not work.

Support for DCS will be released soon

Regards

Stefan Brunner

gitnick
    Participant

Thanks Stefan so much for your responses so far. I’ve placed an order (can’t wait!) and while I’m waiting, I need to know a few more things for my simpit.

1. Can I add an after market extension, or do you sell any? I have the Warthog grip here, and I want to center mount the stick. An extension would really help with fine control, but also would allow me to place the bulk of the unit just below my seat, allowing me to place the stick closer to me.

2. Does the CLS-E base allow the stick to be rotated for ergonomic purposes? Usually a center stick would be rotated just a bit towards the right. (Hopefully at least a short extension would work, and perhaps have the feature built into that? … still researching)

Thanks! and can’t wait for it arrive!

gitnick
    Participant

To clarify a bit… I’d like to add a 10cm extension from Virpil: https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-flightstick-extension.html

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi all

CLS2Sim with DCS World support (Beta) is now online

Regards

Stefan Brunner

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.