FORUM Forums Products CLS-E Joystick MSFS Just Flight Arrow – Issue with notchy/sticky aileron control?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    moespeeds
    Participant

Anyone here using MSFS at all? I have a really strange problem. Got the Just Flight Piper Arrow and have been flying it for 2 weeks with no problems at all. Flew it yesterday, no problem. Today, I start up MSFS and the ailerons feel “notchy” or sticky. In the air, it rolls all over the place. I tried different profiles, same thing. If I hit escape/pause, the stick smooths out and it goes away, but comes right back when I get in the aircraft. If I try another aircraft, no problem, everything is fine. Tried turning off all the stick shaker effects, etc. Same problem, only with the arrow aircraft, no matter what profile I use.
    Elevator and rudder are fine. Only the ailerons have an issue. Tried all the usual reboot, updated the a/c, plugged/unplugged the hardware. I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this, as it worked fine yesterday, and nothing changed between now and then.

CLS-E Stick/rudder

johnrutoski
    Participant

Try creating a new profile in the Brunner CLS software. Make sure it’s new and not a copy of the original one you are using now. Sometimes the software can get corrupted so starting with a new profile will correct it.

JR

moespeeds
    Participant

New profile as in aircraft profile? I tried multiple profiles, as well as starting over with a “blank” profile, no joy.

Again, this only affects the JF Arrow. All other aircraft work normally.

moespeeds
    Participant

I did some more testing, it seems to be related to the Arrow autopilot. If I shut off the master switch in the aircraft, it works normally. It’s only when I power it up. I’ve verified that the autopilot is NOT on.

See these videos:

https://youtu.be/_95hm1Dv7dU

https://youtu.be/IZS-ogMUCls

moespeeds
    Participant

Ok problem solved! The issue was that Oculus Home was opening with Steam VR, I had installed it for my Quest 2. I actually use a Pimax 8kx though. So for whatever reason, if Oculus Home opened with Steam VR, it would screw up the joystick. I uninstalled Oculus Home, and the problem is fixed.

jake
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I have a different problem with the JF Arrow III. Occasionally I run out of elevator when flaring for TD. When it happens I experience a big bounce.

Not every flight, but it is annoying when it happens. I am using the default profile. If any of you guys have a profile that works, please upload it so those of us with no computer skills can use it.

As a former owner of a Warrior II, this plane flies more like a real Piper. And it has become my favorite GA aircraft. Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.