FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software PMDG 777?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    ady7970
    Participant

Hi there,

For some reason the PMDG 777 autopilot doesn’t work with the CLS-E yoke.

Is there any chance of a profile please Stefan? I assume it needs to interface with the PMDG system much the same way as the 737?

Regards,

Ady

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Ady

We do not implement PMDG777. This plane have his own interface not same as PMDG 737-800 NGX
    This kind of planes using customized Autopilot and sometimes also trim.
    That means… the yoke does not move when autopilot is on, but all the rest works

For now there is no plan to direct support PMDG777
    Implementation of such kind of planes takes about 1-2 weeks programming

Regards

Stefan

ady7970
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. This is very disappointing to hear. With such expensive enthusiast level hardware is an absolute requirement for excellent corresponding software – in this case the interfaces necessary (however long it takes you to develop it) for people to use the most common aircraft for the P3D platform. I already have had to make a sacrifice in not being able to use my A2A Cessna 172 – because , as I understand it, Brunner wouldn’t provide them with a yoke (even on a loan basis) for them to configure their software to work properly with your hardware. As a result, I now have to use X-Plane with the default C172 which does work properly. But I lose all of the investment I’ve made in sceneries in P3D.

So come on please, I’ve bought the hardware (and it’s great!) so let’s get the software where it needs to be and support developers like A2A so we can use their aircraft.

Regards,

Ady

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Ady

Can you open a ticket in our new helpdesk https://forum.brunner-innovation.ch/helpdesk/ and explain what is not working with your A2A Cessna
    My knowlege is everyting works fine.

Regards

Stefan Brunner

ady7970
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Please view this post: https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=48920

And I’d like you to please answer the other (and most important) bit of my post about the 777 profile that you guys need to code.

Regards,

Ady

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Ady

For A2A
    Please open a ticket in helpdesk and explain in detail what is not working

Helpdesk

We will check accordingly..
    In the ticket tell us also
    P3D Version?
    A2A Version?
    CLS2Sim Version?

A2A (https://a2asimulations.com) does not have SDK or Plugins for hardware developers so it is not possible
    to interfacing with such planes. If they are not using standards datatypes for Autopliot and Trim then this feature may not work

For PMDG777
    For now it is not planned to directly support
    Usually all is working except the Autopilot moves the yoke, For Trim just use Hardware Trim

Regards

Stefan Brunner

ady7970
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

This is a bit disappointing – I send you a link to an issue you have already had reported to you by A2A’s Scott (at least according to the thread link I provided you) and you ask me to submit you another ticket. It’s not that anything isn’t working, it’s more that things are not working properly. A2A accepted that this is to do with their flight dynamics model and they requested a demonstration yoke so that they could work the issues out – this was refused by Brunner. Which is why I now feel it is your responsibility to put things right if you won’t support A2A in doing so.

Then you do not answer my question about the 777 but just repeat your earlier answer that you do not plan to properly support it. I accept that it’s *just* a lack of autopilot movement but that’s an element of realism for which I purchased the Brunner yoke.

Your hardware is brilliant but I feel very much let down by the fact that you won’t make investments in making sure the economy product (which is always going to be purchased by enthusiasts like myself) works with the higher end aircraft products.

Ady

ady7970
    Participant

Yes, we asked for them to send us their yoke to test and work with, but they required that we buy it. We have demo examples of yokes and hardware from Logitech, CH Products, Saitek, GoFlight, and even PFC that were provided to us as a partner working with their hardware.

We even offered to them that if we like their yoke we would use it for our new mobile simulator we’re building for Air Venture this year in Oshkosh. We were declined everything. This is unfortunate because they somehow can’t see the huge sales potential of thousands of people using their hardware. I really went the extra mile with these guys but with no success.

Scott.

ady7970
    Participant

No reply?

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Ady

A2A..
    As we get the models from A2A, we can make Profiles for it as good as possible. We also have uploaded a profile
    in the cloud under http://cloud.brunner-innovation.swiss/
    Limitations for Trim and Autopilot with A2A are the same as other aircrafts in FSX
    See also https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/TrimFunctionality.htm

PMDG..
    We have sent them a Mail for developer license, with no answer until today

Regards

Stefan Brunner

wolfi100
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

is there any progress in the PMDG-Profile. It is also one of my favorite planes. Since I am no Pilot, can somebody give me an advise, which Kind of Profile is the best to use to get the most possible realism for the 777 at the Moment.

Thanks
    Wolfgang

jovabra
    Participant

Hi Wolfgang,
    My profile of course.:-) (test John v Braam) I disabled the stall vibration but it is very easy to activate this function.
    I have made a little zero/neutral feeling point and. The force is is from the maintenace manual from a 737-800.
    Believe me there is no big difference in the feeling cq force in the Boeing airplanes. Only the reaction of the
    aircraft of the roll/pitch to the given input.
    Regards

blaser
    Participant

According to what I have read the forces in the 737 can be really strong to overcome when untrimmed, Your profile makes things super light. Not sure how you got it from the manual…

wrap23
    Participant

Nevermind. Fixed my issue.

Don

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.