FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Profile Manager just hangs up or takes minutes to load

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bigSoonerTune
    Participant

Running an NG Yoke and Rudder pedals. When I start CLS2Sim v5.7, the main screen loads up fine. Everything connects. Devices are working properly. However, when I click Profile Manager, it opens a Profile Manager window that usually just stays blank and makes the main window no longer accept input (doesn’t seem the software is multi-modal). Sometimes the Profile Manager will load up after a few minutes (not exaggerating), but usually it remains unresponsive and I have to alt-tab, close it out and start all over again.

Anyone experienced this problem / have a fix? Hard to believe we have this great, high quality hardware and some software that looks like (and responds like) Visual Basic code that I wrote back in the 1990s.

Thanks!

webmaximus
    Participant

Sadly, this has been a known issue for as long as I can remember and if I recall correctly, it was mentioned how Brunner are aware but how addressing the issue would require almost a complete rewrite of the software.

Maybe Diego from Brunner can shed some light on this.

bigSoonerTune
    Participant

I’ve actually been able to figure out what causes / how to recreate this. I run a triple monitor setup, as many flight simmers do. If you put the main CLS2SIM window on one of you side monitors and then click “Profile Manager”, it hangs up forever and will not display. If you put the main CLS2SIM window on your main monitor and click Profile Manager, it comes up just fine. Makes it pretty problematic to monitor and adjust a C172 profile when you can’t see out the front window and can’t put this thing off to the side. Just more evidence that this ancient software needs a complete and total modernization overhaul! Must have been written before it was affordable for most people to have more than one monitor. It is a good thing that their hardware is really good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice