FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Question about New Planes w/o Profiles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    edwards
    Participant

Hi all! I am looking at ordering a Brunner yoke here very soon. I have a question that may be simple to answer; however, I have not hit upon a solution yet. How do you know to tune the Brunner software for a plane if you have not flown the RL version and there is no profile? Does that question make sense? For example, it would not make sense to use a GA profile for a commercial jet. For example, there is no profile for an E175 or 195. How would I, or you, go about creating a profile for a plane that has no profile?

I appreciate any advice,
    Ed Smoker Sr.

webmaximus
    Participant

You create a profile you think is realistic and makes sense.

Or better, invite a friend over with experience from the real aircraft. That’s what I did when setting up my yoke for the 73 NG.

edwards
    Participant

So, that is a conundrum though. What/how would you know if it is realistic? Having someone who can come and assist is an advantage. In a vacuum though, how would one know? This question is actually my final concern. I am certain there must be a reasonable solution. Guessing is a fine suggestion, I certainly thank you for offering it. Unfortunately, it is no more accurate than using a single GA profile for any GA. I am sure you get the point. I can feel the way a Piper Cherokee flys because I fly one, and it is not the way a Skyhawk flies.

webmaximus
    Participant

Not sure what other options would be available, maybe find some technical information online telling you exactly how much force is required along each axis at a certain weight etc.

I think what you need to appreciate is Brunner will give you the tools to have a realistic experience both in hardware and software but you need to know how to use them. Unless someone else with that knowledge for a certain aircraft type already shared it with the community in a profile uploaded to the Brunner Cloud.

edwards
    Participant

Yes, that is an accurate observation of any software or hardware, I agree. Trying to use technical data as well as input from first hand experience are both sources that I came up with. Just to be clear, I am not saying there is a flaw with the Brunner in any way, shape, or capacity. What I am saying is, I am only one person. One person means a finite number of ideas. I am asking for input to see if there is a novel idea which I would not have deduced on my own. I have already decided to purchase the unit.

webmaximus
    Participant

I’m sure you’ll be very pleased with your Brunner yoke. Had mine for many years now and it’s still like new and reminds me more of an industrial piece of equipment more than a “game controller”. It’s in a total different league than other yokes I used in the past. Which of course it should be considering the price vs those other controllers I’ve used.

Good luck and happy flying!

edwards
    Participant

Thank you! I am certainly looking forward to it; and, to getting a closer to life feel for the Piper Warrior. Now, if Justflight would address the flight dynamic issues. I would be in heaven.

edwards
    Participant

So that I am clear, I live in the U.S., I will not need an adapter to plug it in because an adaptor is included in the box. Is that correct or has anything changed?

franciscoblas
    Participant

My yoke came with the adapters. I’m in the US as well

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice