FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Recommendations for leaving the Yoke/Rudders powered

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wazooda
    Participant

I have both the Yoke and the Rudders.

As there is no “hard” power switch per se, are there any recommendations for whether to leave the units plugged into power when not in use?

On the yoke, when I am done with a session, I select the “powerOff” and the “Off” buttons on the Yoke itself which, I assume, turns off the power and the LCD lighting. Is that the case or should I be unplugging each time?

The rudders have no such soft switch… so should I be unplugging those from power when done with a session or does powering off the Yoke, since they are connected via Ethernet cable, turn off the rudders as well?

Thanks!

Paul

webmaximus
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Until you get a more official answer from the guys over at Brunner I think I read or heard somewhere that you don’t need to unplug the yoke when not using it.

What I do is pretty much the same as you describe with one exception. I’ve configured the motors for both the roll and pitch axes to shutdown on hardware disconnect. This way when I close CLS2Sim, the only thing left for me is to power off the display using the OFF button on the yoke.

I would like to think if there was a reason to power off the yoke completely Brunner would have included some kind of power switch on the yoke and same thing for the pedals.

Cheers,

Richard

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Paul

We recommend to add a Socket strip with a power switch, and switch off the power completely

You also can configure shutdown option see here
    https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/CLSProfileManager.htm#shutdown
    When you disconnect the yoke from the Simulator/ Hardware

Motors will switch off, but still standby power for controller will be used
    For CLSE Yoke about 8-15W
    For CLSE Rudder about 2-5W

Regards

Stefan Brunner

oceanman55
    Participant

Just wanted to say thank you for the response. I have been wondering the same thing for some time.

Is there any expected maintenance for the yoke or rudders over time(i.e. lubrication or changing out heavy wear parts?

Thanks for your time and expertise on these products!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.