FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Speeds in CLS2SIM profiles

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    uguisu
    Participant

I have some problems understanding certain settings related to speeds in the CLS2SIM profiles:

– In version 4.20.1 there is the new setting “Dynamic Force Calculation” under General. IAS and TAS are explained in the HTML Help and I understand the pros and cons, but Calculated IAS is not explained (yet) and I wonder what the drawbacks of using Calculated IAS could be? It seems like the ideal setting to me (correct across altitudes and when pitot fails).

– The Ground Effects have a setting Take-off speed, which is 100 for the “Cessna 172SP – Stefan Brunner” profile from the Profile Cloud. 100 knots take-off speed in a C172? Again, the setting is missing from the HTML Help, so I don’t know what it actually does and what value I should set it to for a realistic profile.

– In the Axis force settings, on the Force Scale Factor tab, you can set the Max Speed. Is there a rule of thumb to find a good value for this setting? For the profiles uploaded by Stefan Brunner to the Profile cloud the Max Speeds are much higher than the VNE of the respective planes. 233 knots for the Cessna 172, 550 knots for the Cirrus SF50 etc. The max speed is about 50% more than the VNE of those planes. Is this a good value to use for the Max Speed if I want to make profiles for other planes?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.