FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Thinking of purchasing this yoke but have questions regarding Majestic Q400

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’m thinking of purchasing this yoke for P3d to replace my old CH yoke because I want to experience as much realism as possible. However, correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems this product only reaches it’s fullest potential with the standard default aircraft. I pretty much only fly the Majestic Q400 and will possibly purchase the PMDG 777 or Quality Wings 787 once it’s available for P3d. From what I can gather, some features that this yoke simulate (i.e. stick shaker, yoke movement sync to virtual cockpit yoke) won’t work with those planes.

Can someone please tell me what features I will miss out on if I only PMDG and Majestic Q400 planes? I’m just trying to determine if it’s still worth getting a $2000 control loaded yoke if I can’t get all the benefits out of it.

Regards
    Bill

webmaximus
    Participant

I’m using it with the PMDG NGX after replacing a CH yoke and I’m very happy with the result.

Everything as far as I can tell works just fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi and thanks for responding. Yeah, I’ve read that that PMDG NGX works fine, but PMDG 777 and 747 do not. Have you used it with the Majestic Q400 or any other non default planes?

Thanks
    Bill

webmaximus
    Participant

Sorry Bill, didn’t read your post properly realizing it was only the 777, 747 and the Majestic Q400 you were asking about.

I fly the NGX exclusively so can’t help you with feedback regarding any other aircraft but I’m sure someone else in here should be able to answer your questions about these other aircraft. Must say it sounds strange though why the yoke wouldn’t work with these aircraft.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess the problem is that this is such an expensive piece of hardware, not a whole lot of people have it, thus reviews and experience that can be shared is lacking. I wish I could purchase this locally, and if I’m not satisfied I could just return it, but no such luck.

If you don’t mind me asking, what specifically makes this yoke better for you than the Non control loaded CH yoke? Is the yoke harder to move during certain situations, how is the trimming? I’m confused witht the hardware vs software trimming options…Will both feel realistic, with the exception that one doesn’t show the trim wheel moving in the sim? Since you’re flying the NGX which is controlled by hydraulics, I’d imagine the forces felt would be different than flying a Cessna? I think if I was only flying a Cessna, then definitely a force feed back yoke would be great due to the forces felt. However, I’m not sure what the experience would be when flying an airliner. I know that I’m rambling right now.

The yoke does work with the Majestic Q400, however from what I can gather, certain things don’t, i.e. stick shaker, and no yoke movement during autopilot. (Of course, that’s only what I read from one user back in 2016 on the Majestic Support forums). I’m not sure that’s still the case but hard to confirm since as mentioned earlier, there just isn’t a lot of information out there as there aren’t many people with this yoke who are using P3D. (I think there are more using X Plane). I mean, look at this forum for example, there is not a whole lot of activity or members.

So, I’m trying to gather as much info as possible before I make my decision. Other people rave about the Yoko Yoke, but it’s a $1000 and it’s not control loaded.

I keep checking on here every so often hoping to read updates from Brunner on trying to work with these other aircraft developers to improve the compatibility with the yoke, but I don’t see that. I read something a few months ago regarding contacting PMDG for the 777, but nothing else was posted. I guess the demand is just not there to get the brunner yoke 100% compatible.

This post has made me exhausted. lol
    Bill

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Bill

Thanks for your inputs

Short answear

We can check Majestic Q400 plane if you can give us free copy for test
    Usually all is working except the Autopilot if they are not using standard provided bye FSX or X-Plane

As we try to contact plugin manufacturer for diffrent aircraft for free samples
    they do not answear most of them, so this makes no sense.

Also most of them do not have any plugin/ API / SDK for developers (for Majestic Q400 i dit not find anything)

Regards

Stefan Brunner

webmaximus
    Participant

The reason I replaced my CH yoke with this one was to have a yoke which would give me the feeling of being in the real thing.

I have some time in a Level-D full motion B738 simulator and my goal was trying to replicate that feeling when flying in front of my PC. With the Brunner yoke I’d say I’ve come quite close and it’s certainly a lot better compared to the CH yoke.

With the CLS2Sim software you’re able to adjust pretty much anything you could think of when it comes to how the yoke should behave and how much force is required etc. None of this is obviously possible with the CH yoke since it’s spring loaded. Another thing which I think is really cool is how it will move with the A/P which works perfectly in the NGX.

As for the trim I’m using software trim. Reason for this is to match the trim in the v/c. I think this works really good where you clearly can feel how the required input increases/decreases depending on how you trim where I’m using the rocker switch on the left hand side of the yoke for this.

Overall I couldn’t be more happy but I fully understand your hesitation since it’s a rather huge investment.

blaser
    Participant

Works like a charm on Q400. Only yoke movement with autopilot does not work

I have been using this yoke now for two weeks. I have to seek assistance from helpdesk which resolved the issue. Currently very pleased with yoke and its abilities. My flying is more controllable and precise. There is a good feeling of actually flying the aircraft. Currently only used yoke with Cessna (Xplane 11) with profile downloaded. There is much to explore about the capabilities of the yoke. When you compare the price od a decent graphics card in order to run a decent flight sim, then then the cost of a decent yoke to increase realism is then justified. You get what you pay for.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.