FORUM Forums Products CLS-E Rudder Toe Brakes Sticks MSFS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    burgerjonas
    Participant

I have recently gotten the Rudder pedals with toe brakes and using it with msfs. Rudders work nicely, but the toe brakes act weird. They sometimes stick when pressed down and it takes several seconds for them to be released after letting go. they also sometimes seem to vibrate. Anyone else experience the same thing?
    Toe brakes have been set up and calibrated in CLS2Sim.

cdegroat82
    Participant

I have the same issue I noticed. It seems to take about 4 seconds for the toe brakes to release. I also have the calibration completed and am on the latest 658 firmware on the yoke and rudder and latest cls2sim software.

nzteddy2020
    Participant

same issue. I find that if you apply and hold just a small amount of brakes, they slowly go to full.
    applying full brakes, they just go to full quickly.
    so they are not proportional.
    has anyone logged this as an bug?

nzteddy2020
    Participant

analysing the SIM CONNECT output from CLS using Spad, it looks that CLS is sending repeated LEFT/RIGHT TOE BRAKE simulation events. The amount of press simply changes the rate of repeat events. This is pretty brain dead. It should be mapping to an axis. This explains why it behaves as described above.

Mick
    Participant

This may be resolved with a simultaneous connection of USB to the PC and CAN bus to the yoke controller. Mapping of the toe brake axis in the simulator or third-party controller software like vJoy, SPAD etc. is then possible via USB. Feedback control to the rudder pedal is transmitted via the CAN bus from the yoke.

A caveat to this is that the software axis reaches maximum value when the toe brake is depressed by 80% or so. I don’t understand this logic, except that the axis appears to be of some resolution greater than 14 bits but, not as high as 15 bits. Regardless of this axis behaviour, the toe brake function is perfectly acceptable using this configuration.

medtner
    Participant

Let me guess – this is the A2A Comanche for MSFS? I’ve had this problem there too, as well as the problem of not getting any datarefs from the engine/thrust to the rudder/yoke. This is due to the different system that AccuSim 2.0 uses.

The brakes is a different story, and I’ve tried solving it with A2A while in BETA, and we didn’t resolve it.

I’ve never had this problem with other planes in MSFS, however, so if this is related to other planes it’s probably a common source – which makes me happy. Easier to hunt down…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice