FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Trim Adjustment in planes with AP that use trim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    calypteaviation
    Participant

I’m working on profiles for Prepar3D (mostly A2A, but the problem affects default aircraft as well) and I stumbled upon a problem.

There is no (functional) trim adjustment in CLS profile manager (Movement % accepts values >100 and I need 60 or 70).

What happens in the sim. The problem.

When autopilot in C172 is engaged in any pitch mode (VS or ALT) it controls trim and by trimming the aircraft it achieves the selected condition (keeps the altitude or vertical speed). As CLS2Sim reads my P3D trim values – it adjusts trim on the device accordingly. However – if I disable the AP – I get a significant pitch up or pitch down effect as the device is over-trimmed.

This happens in both directions. When on AP and at low speed, the AP sets high nose-up trim. When AP is disabled – I get a strong pitch up command from the device (and I need to re-trim the plane). When flying at high speed – I get the opposite – significant nose-down effect.

The easiest solution for this would be to adjust the device trim to the simulator. Currently, there is a “Movement” option under Trim in Profile Manager. It seems to be scaling the trim effects on the device, but only one way – enlarging them. If I could scale it down (to 80, 70 or 50%) I would get exactly what I have in the simulator.

calypteaviation
    Participant

I solved the problem with Autopilot settings – I set “Percent of way used by AP” to 10 in Cessna 172 by A2A (instead of 100). Currently, simulator trim while on AP matches CLS trimming.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.