FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Trim and autopilot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rferraz
    Participant

Hello–

I got a weird problem with trim and autopilot. I followed the instructions on the video to set real trim for X-Plane–they work great. However, whenever I engage the autopilot, the trim value for X-Plane goes to either -1 or 1 , which causes full deflection of the elevator. The result is that when I leave autopilot. if I forget to reset the trim value, the plane immediatelly stalls or dives, usually resulting in a crash. Any clues about this?

I’m using CLS2Sim 4.9.1 with firmware 352 and hardware GER 1104. X-Plane is 11.20. I’ve tested with default planes and a clean profile and the problem persists.

Thanks,

ady7970
    Participant

Hi – did you ever manage to resolve this? I have similar autopilot issues in X-Plane 11 but others do not…

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

Can you tell us which plane you are using?
    Have you downloaded a profile from the “Profile Cloud”?
    http://cloud.brunner-innovation.swiss/

So we can check…

Regards

Stefan Brunner

ady7970
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

For me, it is your C172 profile with the X-Plane 11 C172. Autopilot doesn’t work, the aircraft will be flying straight but the yoke will be hard over to one direction. Here’s a photo so you can see – the aircraft yoke is centred and yet the Brunner yoke is over to the left and trim is -1 as per this post. Disengaging the autopilot results in the aircraft doing a nose-dive.

Regards,

Ady

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hello Ady

If you use the Standard Cessna 172 SP profile from Stefan Brunner and you have changed your plane according to the realistic trim video,
    you need to remove the flag from the check-boxes “Don’t set pos in AP mode” in the Autopilot tab.

Can you tell me if you have this flag set in your own profile?

The plane should fly normally now, except that the autopilot tends to oscillate for a moment when changing attitude, for example when capturing height.

Best regards
    Diego

ady7970
    Participant

Thanks Diego – I’m just about to completely reinstall my OS and simulators. I’ll try all of this once it’s installed and will report back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.