FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software WIN10 update V1903 and VJoy installation error

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jovabra
    Participant

The combination of WIN10 v1903 is not a happy couple. The buttons in the CLS2sim and to assign to the USB function are out of order. I reverted back to WIN 10 V1809. See also my information on:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/555422-vjoy-and-win10-version-1903-not-a-happy-couple/?tab=comments#comment-4014973
    Regards
    John v Braam

webmaximus
    Participant

This is really great info John, thanks for sharing!

I already stopped this Windows update thanks to you before I ended up in trouble.

Are there any news from Brunner how this will be handled going forward?

captainmd
    Participant

Hi Richard, just curious as to how you were able to freeze the v1903 update only. The way I understand it, Windows will eventually shove this update into your PC whether one likes it or not.

webmaximus
    Participant

It depends on what version of Windows you have. I have the Pro version which allows you do postpone so called ‘Feature updates’ for up to 365 days IIRC.

Even if you have the Home version of Windows, you might be able to use a MS tool that will allow you to hide (and by doing so block) certain updates you don’t want get installed. Not sure though if 1903 falls into the category of updates that can be hidden and blocked using the tool.

You can read more about it over here ->

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-block-unwanted-windows-driver-updates-installing-windows-10

othello
    Participant

Stopping updating Windows is not a solution.
    As far as I know it is not a Win bug that will be fixed, but a new Win security(?) feature.
    What we need is a working tool allowing to use X-Planes commands.

/Othello

webmaximus
    Participant

I fully agree!

I hope there will be some input from Brunner on this topic and what the plan is going forward.

Diego BĂĽrgin
    Keymaster

Hi all

Raymond Beehler seems to be taking over the vJoy project. See here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/555422-vjoy-and-win10-version-1903-not-a-happy-couple/?do=findComment&comment=4015358

The topic from that post on is a particularly interesting read.

We are currently waiting for him to finish getting his code signing certificate.
    Should his efforts fail, we will attempt to continue the project, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.
    He already has a test release linked on the forum, it’s just not signed yet.

Regards
    Diego

webmaximus
    Participant

This is really promising news, thanks Diego for commenting and sharing this information!

webmaximus
    Participant

Did you receive any more news or info on this Diego?

I noticed the last post in the linked thread is from early June.

Asked the same question in another thread in here, did something change in CLS2Sim 4.23.3 that would allow vJoy to work with Windows 1903? Guess not since nothing related to vJoy is mentioned in the change log since 4.15.0.

Diego BĂĽrgin
    Keymaster

Hi all

Short answer: No news.

Raymond has ‘released’ a driver, but he doesn’t have his code signing certificate yet, so the driver is not signed.
    You can install it but, you’ll need to put Windows into test signing mode, which is a pain.
    That’s why we don’t include it.

See here:
    https://github.com/R-T-B/vJoy/releases

Regards
    Diego

webmaximus
    Participant

Got it, thanks again Diego!

jovabra
    Participant

Hi all
    The working vJoy for the 1903 is now avialable at:
    http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download
    I have just installed vJoy and until now no problems.
    Succes and regards
    John v Braam

webmaximus
    Participant

Wow, so this means we can now update Windows to 1903 and still use vJoy with CLS2Sim with no issues.

Thanks for sharing this great news John!

mikerichardsonuk
    Participant

Ok so VJoy installed fine but in cls2sim I’m getting A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall
    any ideas ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.