FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke X-Plane not remembering calibration of yoke

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    geronimopilot
    Participant

Hello all.

This is my first purchase of a Brunner product. So far I am impressed with the unit.

Upon installation, X-Plane asked me to calibrate the yoke so I did. Now, every time I launch X-Plane it asks me again. This cannot be right! Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Scott

maximb
    Participant

Hi and congrats for your purchase !

First, you need to use CLS2Sim software and you don’t need to calibrate the yoke in Xplane. You have to install the Vjoy driver which is a Virtual Joystick for xplane and which will communicates between Xplane and CLS2Sim. To avoid problem in Xplane, just set 1 axis for the pitch, and 1 for the Roll for the Vjoy and that’s it ! You can also map buttons of your yoke directly in Xplane, but not the Axis 😉

Good Flights 🙂

jovabra
    Participant

Hi, i’m the happy owner (more than 3.5 year) of the Brunner yoke
    First you must install the CLS2sim software. After installation you find the Brunner map on your C-drive if you using the basic settings.
    For example: C>Program Files (x86)> Brunner Electronik AD> CLS2sim> Simulator plugin installers. For X-plane you find the x-plane installer so
    run this with admin rights.
    This plugin software is the interface between the yoke and X-Plane. vJoy is not necessary for the yoke. I only use vjoy to assign the buttons on the yoke.
    For example stab trim etc. The Brunner interface software bypassed the X-Plane settings for the Aileron/Elevator.
    Succes
    John

geronimopilot
    Participant

Thanks maximb/jovabra,

Can you tell me where to find Vjoy?

Best,
    Scott

jovabra
    Participant

vJoy software is in the BprogramFiles (86) >Brunner Electronic AD> CLS2sim > Vitual joystick driver
    We can’t make it any easier
    Regards
    John

maximb
    Participant

Jovabra, you don’t have Vjoy in your xplane list of hardware?

I have it and I have to assign Pitch and Roll to a virtual axis of the Vjoy because if not I have a cross in the center of the screen when I’m flying.

But if you tell me you do differently.. i can try your solution 🙂

jovabra
    Participant

If you have a crosshair in your flightsim this is a wellknown X-Plane item. In this case you have mouse controle i.s.o the Brunner yoke.
    Google is your friend. Search for crosshair in X-Plane.
    Some information about the CLS2sim installation.

YouTube

By loading the video, you agree to YouTube’s privacy policy.
    Learn more

Load video

vJoy is active in my X_plane hardware setup but only for some buttons.
    Advice: if you do some modifications in the X-Plane settings you must reconnect the CLS2sim.
    Success

maximb
    Participant

Thanks Jovabra. This is exactly the way I installed the plugin.

In Xplane Hardware Setup, I have no axis assigned for the Yoke, but Pitch and Roll and assigned in the vJoy to avoid the Crosshair.

I understand that you don’t use this method… You assigned Pitch and Roll directly on your Yoke (in Xplane)? And CLS2SIm bypass this assignment ?

rickcn
    Participant

Hi guys,

I really need some help. I don’t understand why xplane states I did not properly connect/calibrate the Brunner joystick and asks me to recalibrate every time I start a flight..

So can’t we use the Brunner joystick, and if so, can we disable it in xplane11? Secondly, how to configure vjoy with 12 axis? Ignore them all? Where are the buttons defined as I only see two who are active in the interface…

Is there a detailed step by step instruction manual?

Rick

maximb
    Participant

HI Rick.
    You can ignore the calibration for the brunner yoke. The calibration is operated by the software CLS2Sim and not Xplane

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.