FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Yoke and pedal inputs freezing briefly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    chuckk
    Participant

Hi

I have both the cls yoke and pedals on my sim. The pedals are connected to the yoke and the yoke to X-Plane 11 via USB. Everything connects and works fine except every 5-10 seconds it freezes. For example. If you begin to bank with the yoke the plane banks but when you try to level out by turning the yoke in the opposite direction the bank of the plane does change for about 2-3 seconds but then suddenly snaps to where is should be. Kind of catching up. I have disabled the fast boot function with no success. I’m looking for any suggestions as what can be do to fix this bothersome issue.
    The same type of issue occurs with the rudder pedal during taxiing as well.

Thansks

Chuck

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Chuck

The USB Connection of CLS-E Yoke is not very good as soon you have another device connected to the yoke.

Do following….

Connect the USB of the Rudder to your PC instead of the yoke
    See also http://www.brunner-innovation.swiss/download/2480/ and read “4 WIRING INSTRUCTION WITH CLS-E YOKE”
    Do not Forget to disbale the X/Y axis in the Simulation when you connect over CLS2Sim to avoid any double mapping
    because the CLS-E Rudder is also a Game Controller

or
    Best results you will have when you use the Ethernet Connection of the CLS-E Yoke

Regards

Stefan Brunner

chuckk
    Participant

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the quick response. Upon reviewing my hardware and connections, I have the V001 yoke which seems to need to be connected to the PC directly and the pedals connected to the yoke. I did confirm everything is connected in that manner and is does work although still freezing briefly as previously described. What is required to connect the yoke and pedals to the sim via Ethernet? Do I need the E2CAN Gateway product? I tired to connect the yoke to the sim via the LAN instead of the USB connection but it would not connect.

Also I did notice that the left brake analog axis of the pedals is not working. I get no response when doing the calibration, whereas the right brake is working fine. Any insight on that issue would be appreciated as well

Thanks,

Chuck

sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi Chuck

V001 Yoke has Ethernet Port (integrated Gateway) so perfect. Do not use the USB port of the yoke…
    Use the Rudder USB performance is much better…

Brakes..
    Which version of CLS2Sim you are using?

Regards

Stefan Brunner

chuckk
    Participant

Stefan,

I connected the Rudder to the sim via the USB and disconnected the yoke from USB. I have attach a screen shot of the error and it alsoshows the rev of the software as well. The error message repeats continuously every 10 seconds or so.

Chuck

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sbrunner
    Keymaster

Hi

You need to change the USB connection to CLSE Rudder under File-> Connection Settings

Regards

Stefan Brunner

chuckk
    Participant

Stefan,

That worked, freezing is gone. Thanks so much. I knew I could taxi a plane better than that! 😉

Any thought on the left brake issue?

Chuck

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi Chuck

For the left brake issue, please open a ticket on the helpdesk.

Helpdesk

Thanks

chuckk
    Participant

Help ticket created.

Chuck

chuckk
    Participant

Braking problem solved. Updated firmware to latest version.

Chuck

yakrobat
    Participant

Stefan,

I’m having the same issue where both yoke and rudder inputs freeze in their present position for approximately 1-2 seconds. This occurs seemingly randomly, however it averages every 20 seconds or so. The frozen control position can also be observed in the CLS2Sim green control position bars.

In an attempt to remedy, I updated firmware for the yoke and pedals as well as connected the yoke via the rudder. This did not fix the problem.

I am using the latest CLS2Sim and have attached the device list below:

Pete

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    yakrobat
    Participant

This is a follow-up to my 16 August post above:

Even though CLS2Sim was reporting that I had the latest version, after reaching out to support I was provided with a link to an (upgraded?) 5.1.11 version of CLS2Sim. This corrected the random hardware connectivity issues as described.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.