FORUM Forums Products CLSE-Yoke Yoke handles?

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    teds
    Participant

I just bought my CLS-E NG, but it was not an easy decision because I really didn’t want a Beechcraft-style handle as I’m trying to make a Cessna simulator.
    Brunner gave me instructions to remove the handle, and in fact, some of their yokes don’t even come with handles. But Brunner doesn’t sell any other kind of handle than the one you get on the CLS-E NG yoke. The question is, where do you buy them? Brunner doesn’t manufacture any kind of Cessna-style handle. Has anyone installed a different handle on their yoke? Is there a company that manufactures custom handles?
    Thanks!

webmaximus
    Participant

Interesting question.

I actually suggested to Brunner a couple of years ago to start manufacturing different kinds of handles.

I would personally love a 737 NG handle for my CLS-E yoke!

jovabra
    Participant

Hi all,
    At the moment I have a 737 yoke fitted. (I fully agree with the opinion of webmaximus.)
    I’m still waiting for Leo Bodnar’s USB joystick controller. The 737 yoke (control wheel only) is from fsc.it. There is also a 20mm connection piece available that fits the axle of the yoke. To make it complete, I also included the chart holder. Only the AP disconnect, double acting trim rocker switches and the interphone / mic switches are available. When everything is ready I will come back to this.
    Regards
    John

webmaximus
    Participant

Very exciting to hear about your project John and looking forward to hear more about it once you have everything in place.

teds
    Participant

Great that you could get it to work! Did you connect it to the Brunner unit or straight to your computer?
    Did you buy the 20mm connector from fsc.it, too?
    Still looking for a Cessna-style handle. When Brunner sells a yoke without a handle like the CLS-P, what do those customers do?

johnrutoski
    Participant

You can buy a yoke handle from http://www.flypfc.com They have a number of handles you will have to call sales to make the purchase. They normally don’t just sell the yoke handles but if you work the sales person they may sell you a Cessna yoke. It costs much more than the Beach yoke don’t know why and it has fewer buttons to work with. If your current yoke has a LCD screen in it then you will have to work out a way to place that in the new yoke which doesn’t have space for it. The button wiring is also an issue. I purchased a great Beach craft yoke from them and it has room for the LCD screen see attached photo. Let me know if you need help arutoski@gmail.com

teds
    Participant

Thanks, John. I don’t see an attached photo, but I appreciate it!
    I don’t know how confident I am in attaching a handle from another manufacturer. My nervousness is around, what if I mess up and fry something?
    I was really hoping someone knew of some third-party company that makes these things. I’m guessing that’s a pipe dream.

jovabra
    Participant

After receiving the USB interface I completely removed the Brunner style control wheel and replaced it with a 737 control wheel.
    The entire Brunner wheel was removed except for the axle. The clock etc. is no longer necessary as it is now directly connected via the USB interface. A trouble-free and smooth cable run of the supplied cabling was a requirement.
    To prevent wireshaving I applied some strips of Teflon tape (1). After some puzzling I have found the correct cable routing (I think). The USB interface does not use any Brunner part. The USB cable goes directly to my powered external USB hub. After some puzzling found the right connections for the new yoke and the right setup. Everything is directly adjustable via FSUIP or directly in X-plane
    Regards
    John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    webmaximus
    Participant

I don’t dare doing that kind of mod myself but it does look awesome and I seriously envy that 737 yoke!

It’s a shame really Brunner doesn’t offer replacement yokes to suit different aircraft types. Considering the price range for Brunner products, I think it would be reasonable if you as a customer had a chance to customize your investment to suit your specific needs depending on what aircraft types you fly.

jovabra
    Participant

“It’s a shame really Brunner doesn’t offer replacement yokes to suit different aircraft types”
    If you buy a joystick you have serveral options:TM HOTAS, VPC Moongoos T50 or BRUNNER grips.

Another really shame is the CLS software for the Prepar3dV5 or 4.5. There is no force feedback if you fly with the PMDG 737NGXu. It is only active with the 737NGX and the Leonardo Maddog. The X-plane ZIBO 737 is no problem.All their available time and manpower / resources will be invested in MSF2020. Unfortunately I cannot understand that.

maximb
    Participant

You also have the Airbus grip ! 😀

I’m very interested by the 737 yoke modification

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jovabra
    Participant

Hi Maximb,
    No i don’t have the airbus grip. I have only the complete HOTAS Thrustmaster but and the
    Brunner Yoke and rudder/brake pedal, the CFY motorized 737 throttle, the CPflight MSP and some pedestal panels from CPflight

What do you want to know about my yoke modification?
    Regards
    John

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.