FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Zibo Broken again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    gian19
    Participant

Hi,

is it just me or Zibo is broken again with the Brunner yoke?
    Since the latest Zibo version 3_40_xx, the airplane is doing crazy things again when the A/P is trying to follow the FD. I noticed heavy movements of the yoke, left and right, even during straight cruise. Following certain SIDs or STARs, where the A/C must bank left or right with an angle > 15 deg, resulted in crashes if the A/P is not disconnected on time. The same is not happening if I redo the same route with the yoke disconnected.
    If anybody wants to try, I was doing SBSP-SBRJ (RW35L PUKR3E DORLU UZ37 VUREP UGRA2A approach: RNAV W RW2R Trans GELUT).

Now, I am not sure if the problem is Zibo or the latest update of CLS2SIM Software (V4.26.3) because it was released pretty much when I started having the issue.
    Please let me know if anybody is having the same problem.

Tks, Gianfranco

webmaximus
    Participant

I’ve had issues with the latest versions of the Zibo mod as well. Maybe not exactly what you describe but how the yoke has been “shaking” along the pitch axis with the A/P engaged. I’ve posted about this issue over here -> https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/208752-issue-with-the-yoke-using-34013/

Haven’t tried the latest version (3.40.16) yet though.

I’ve been using 3.40.5 of the Zibo mod for quite some time which seems like a pretty stable version. So with that said and how these kind of issues have surfaced in later versions of the Zibo mod, I think it’s something Zibo changed in the code and therefore something that needs to be addressed by Zibo to assure compatibility with Brunner yokes.

gian19
    Participant

yes, I figured that. I will have to roll back to 3.40.5 too.
    I hope he will fix this.

webmaximus
    Participant

I was asked by Zibo if the problem still exists in 3.40.16 which it does. I now noticed how 3.40.18 is available. Still waiting for a confirmation by Zibo if any changes regarding our issues were included in this new version and haven’t had a chance to try it out myself yet.

gian19
    Participant

I can confirm that 3.40.16 has the problem. I also saw today the release of .18 but haven’t been able to test.
    I will download it tomorrow. Good to know that your are in contact with Zibo. At least we know that you got his attention to this matter.

Tks.

webmaximus
    Participant

Please let me know once you’ve tested 3.40.18 if the issue is still present.

Edited to add 3.40.19 has been released. So that would be the version to test.

jovabra
    Participant

I made some test flights with my modifications in the CLS2sim software and everything has been tested with the latest updates. (ZIBO-X-PLANE). It functions so far without any problems. Within a few hours I will make some screenshots so you can compare it with your own settings. Which adjustment solved the problem I do not know exactly. It’s more of a try and error trouble shooting story.

webmaximus
    Participant

Sounds interesting!

So, what you’re saying is you’ve been using 3.40.19 without seeing the issue I linked to above where the yoke is constantly “shaking” along the pitch axis with the A/P engaged?

jovabra
    Participant

Not only with the 3.40.19 but also with 17/18

webmaximus
    Participant

Ok, that is great news!

gian19
    Participant

@Jovabra: Can you share what changes you made on the CLS2sim software? I just tested the latest Zibo version and it is not working for me.

jovabra
    Participant

Yes of course. I think the easiest way is:
    1. Use my 737 profile if it works for you.If yes, compare it with yours and adjust the anomalies
    Later you can enter your own settings regarding the Pitch/Roll force
    I updated ca. 1 hour ago my 737 profile
    Succes
    John

gian19
    Participant

I am not sure I can see your profile because we may have a different yoke model.
    I own the CLS-E NG. Have you got the same?

jovabra
    Participant

We have the same yoke.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    webmaximus
    Participant

Hi John,

I just downloaded and checked your profile and compared it to mine. I might have already asked in the past but I have a couple of things I wanted to ask you about.

1. You have the Stick shaker option disabled. Doesn’t that mean you won’t feel an imminent stall warning?
    2. On the Autopilot tab, you have ‘Trim to zero on disabled’ checked for both pitch and trim. The description says those are only available when you also have hardware trim enabled. Which you have not checking on the Trim tab. Meaning these won’t do any good or am I missing something?

I hope I’ll have some time to play around tomorrow to see if I can find the actual culprit causing the pitch shaking in Zibo versions after 3.40.5.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice

🌴 Summer holiday 🌴

Please note: The BRUNNER team is out of office due to company holidays until August 5th.