FORUM Forums Software CLS2SIM Software Zibo Broken again?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    jovabra
    Participant

Hi Richard,
    About item 1. Sometimes i enable it and sometime not. There is no special reason.
    I don’t have a “scientific” explanation for item 2.
    I have adjusted my profile due to problems with one of the latest ZIBO updates. Don’t forget that in the beginning we didn’t have a CFY-motorized throttle system + motorized trim.
    The trim function now goes through the CFY/vJoy software interface.
    Since ZIBO changes its software regularly and you don’t always know what it has changed, you are often in for surprises.

Vraag niet hoe het kan maar profiteer ervan
    “Don’t ask how it can be done but take advantage of it”
    Dutch expression

In the coming days I will also test my profile with the PMDG 737NGX.
    To be continued

webmaximus
    Participant

Hi John,

I intend to do some testing myself today and would be awesome being able to use the Brunner with no issues with the latest version of the Zibo mod.

Thanks for sharing this info with the rest of us!

gian19
    Participant

I have seen some little improvement with version .20.
    However, I believe the culprit is the way xplane communicate with the yoke. Before, I could see the air plane yoke and the Brunner hardware would move simultaneously. Now, I notice some delay where Brunner try to catch up the movement of the zibo yoke.
    This phase shift between the 2 yoke is causing the problem, in my opinion. You won’t notice this issue on route that don’t have massive left and right banks especially at lower speed. The problem is more visible when massive swings occur.
    It could also been caused by the recent update that Zibo implemented to the A/P making it more sensitive to joystick pressure. In fact, if you use the more realistic option, you cannot engage the A/P unless you are fully trimmed and aligned with the FD without any pressure on the yoke. I want to make a test flight using the less realistic option to see if the problem is still there. Though, I haven’t figured out yet where is this option on the EFB.

webmaximus
    Participant

I’m 100% certain the issues we’ve been seeing lately are related to changed Zibo has done to his mod.

Question is if they can be addressed just by changing stuff in the Brunner software or if we need help from Zibo as well. Unfortunately, it’s a bit hard being in our position since Brunner has lots of other priorities as has Zibo.

Will report back what I find after using 3.40.20 and playing around with different options in CLS2Sim.

webmaximus
    Participant

Did some testing using 3.40.20 (noticed how 3.40.21 was just released) and it seems I’ve been able to find exactly what fixes the issue with the “shaking” pitch with A/P engaged.

You need to enable the two options seen below. I was first a bit afraid that would mean I wouldn’t get any movements at all of the Brunner yoke with A/P engaged but luckily, that has proven to not be the case. The yoke still moves with the A/P but without the stuttering along the pitch axis.

jovabra
    Participant

As i did before in my modified profile.
    Never a dull moment with ZIBO
    Regards

gian19
    Participant

looks like you nailed it Richard.
    Funny thing, I had the pitch flagged and I unflagged when I was troubleshooting. It did not occur to me to go back and flag both of them.

Thank you for sharing it.
    Gf

webmaximus
    Participant

I guess there’s really no need to mess with the roll axis but in a way feels good keeping both axes configured the same way.

And we should all thank John who started experimenting, leading us the right way.

captain737
    Participant

Hey Guys,

has anyone brought “Engine Vibrations” working on Zibo 3.4? Doesn´t work for me unfortunately. I´m using 3.40.23
    Everything else works like a charm, but no engine vibrations…

webmaximus
    Participant

I’ve never bothered enabling that setting for the Zibo mod. Since I doubt you would feel any vibrations from the engines in the cockpit of a 737 NG?

jovabra
    Participant

There is no mechanical linking between the power levers and the engines. For example; The old Boeing 747-200/300 they have. Imagine – from upperdeck via the sidewall and than below the floor through the MEC engines. (MEC=Main Engine Control = Mechanical carburator)
    Modern aircraft they have an EEC = Electronic Engine Control unit. Mounted on the engine. No vibration felt on the power levers.
    This picture give you an idea about the trim cable routing in a 747-100/200/300. It is going throught the aft bulkhead and behind the bulkhead there is the stabilizer trim mechanism

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    captain737
    Participant

Wow thanks for this sophisticated answer! Just a general question: If i make a profile for a vintage Jet (like the 742 or 727), would it be possible to add engine vibration again? After the last CLS update, i have the impression that engine vibration does not work for jets in general…

Also: Can someone load up a picture for his zibo 737 profile. A a CLS-NG owner, i still dont have acsess to the zibo profile 🙁

Thanks again for your help!

jovabra
    Participant

just to be clear: there are two kinds of vibrations. 1 Engine vibration and 2 Airframe vibration. On the ECAM engine page you will find the following text “VIB”. This is vibration of the inside of the engine. May exist due to imbalance of the turbine or the compressor. If it is so intense that you can feel it throughout the whole plane, and therefore also on the control colomn (yoke) it seems handy to me not to fly any further. The crew can turn off the engine or continue flying with a lower N1 setting.
    The vibrations indicated on the CLS2sim software are not only engine vibrations but also aileron/elevator and rudder ground vibrations. I think this these vibrations relate to GA airplanes
    Personally I never turned these parameters on. So no experience of the software makers apply this.
    For a ZIBO 737 profile go to reply 1763 and there are two on it. 1x from me and 1x from Richard Asberg

Succes

captain737
    Participant

Allright, got it!

One last thing: Reply #1763 is missing from the thread. At least in my case. Really strange.

jovabra
    Participant

Brunner in the cloud Profile list

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice