Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    airmanmd
    Participant

Hello everyone, has anyone had their rudder pedal movement effect the elevator movement in MSFS2020? I am using the Brunner CLS-E NG yoke with the CLS2Sim v4.27.6, and the Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals running MSFS2020 v1.7.14.0 Every time I move my rudder pedals the elevator move forward and back very rapidly several times. I have went through all the setting in the profile config tool and can’t seem to find what would be causing this issue. My yoke is not mapped in MSFS2020 like the instruction said. The issue goes away when i disconnect the CLS2Sim software from the the sim. So it has to do with something in CLS2Sim. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Randy

airmanmd
    Participant

Sorry I literally missed the next page button at the bottom the page an didn’t see all the other posts, bit on another note I did notice this problem seemed to show up after the update to MSFS2020.

Best Regards,
    Randy

hamsammich
    Participant

Yes, I certainly have and they’re aware of it. But file a bug, in any case, as your platform, associated hardware and software might provide more troubleshooting clues.

dsjameyson
    Participant

To dovetail off airmanmd, and the others with the same problem, I am having this problem also, with MFG Crosswind pedals.

I looked at the external views while this is happening, and the external flight surfaces were indeed moving around.

I tested it with the cub planes (conventional tailwheel landing gear), and the effect is seriously significant there. You have to apply some rudder to counter the engine torque, and while the tail lifts up, the glitch is literally punching that elevator up and down. That’s the most extreme example I’ve found to demonstrate the problem affecting control of the aircraft.

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi everyone

USB Rudder Pedals Bug
    I have confirmed and isolated the bug regarding USB rudder pedals.
    In short, we’re dealing with a MFS 2020 SimConnect issue again.
    It does not matter what exact USB device you are using.
    As long as you use a USB axis to control the rudder pedals, you will have this problem.

I have created a minimal example
    https://github.com/BrunnerInnovation/mfs2020_simconnect_axis_set_bug
    and will post the bug to the Flightsimulator ZenDesk as soon as it is online again.
    (https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/)

For the moment we will wait until we get feedback from ASOBO/Microsoft.

Workaround
    I have a workaround for it, but it makes flying with the autopilot impossible at least with the planes i tried.
    (Because the USB injection to vJoy can’t do any of the necessary AP workarounds).

1a) In the connection settings of CLS2SIm, check the “Force map vJoy Axes to Pitch/Yaw/Roll/Coll…”
    1b) Also set the Simulation type to MFSX/MFS2020.

2a) In the CLS2Sim profile manager, go to axis range settings and check both “Disable” checkboxes for Pitch and Roll.
    2b) In the trim tab check the “Use hardware trim” checkbox.
    2c) In the Autopilot tab, uncheck the “Enabled” checkboxes for Pitch and Roll.

3a) In MFS2020: Go to the controls and map the elevator and aileron axes to vJoy.

Now connect to the sim and you will have force feedback and rudder does not override the yoke.

For those interested in the technical part

When sending the AILERON_SET event to MFS2020 via SimConnect, if a rudder pedal is connected and moved afterwards,
    it will reset the yoke Aileron position to center, overriding the position set by AILERON_SET.
    This happens regardless of the assistance settings in MFS2020.
    If the yoke position is injected via USB, the override doesn’t happen.

Now AILERON_SET/ELEVATOR_SET/etc are the de-facto standards for sending axis data.
    Of course I also tried to inject using “ELEVATOR POSITION”, but that also gets overwritten.

That’s all for the moment.

Best Regards
    Diego

hamsammich
    Participant

Diego:

For the autopilot workaround: Any possibility of patching CLS2Sim to simply intercept the in-sim AP command and use the state of it to determine whether to send a command to disconnect the hardware yaw axis whenever AP is engaged?

Also, does this Simconnect bug affect Brunner pedals runing through CLS2Sim? It’s an expensive solution, but I’ve been tempted for awhile to get your pedals. :-;

Marshall

maxam
    Participant

Hello Diego,

I posted twice in the forum and my questions were not answered:

Post 1:

I do not have “Yaw” in the Axis Range Settings as per https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/CLSProfileManager.htm#range

I do not have a force feedback rudder, is this why it is not listed?

Regards,
    Robert

Post 2:

Hi,

I have set CLSE NG Yoke up in the CLS2Sim UI Version 4.27.6 as per the instructions:

“Do not map any axis in the Simulator over vjoy or game controller, this is done in CLS2Sim (Force map vJoy Axes to Pitch/Roll is not needed)”

The aileron and elevator do not move unless I assign the axis in MSFS. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Regards,
    Robert

dsjameyson
    Participant

I’m am having the ever-toggling flight director problem in the 747, and the ticket #220 workaround (turning off “On overpower disable…) is not resolving it. This is with the beta CLS2Sim.

lennie
    Participant

Hi Folks

I am new to MSFS2020 as of yesterday, and i am computer illiterate. I have read all the posts here and frankly do not know enough about the yoke and settings that i need to have. I would greatly appreciate some help. I have downloaded and installed the latest software for the CLS-E yoke, but it does not give me the choice of Settings/MS Flight simulator X/MSFS2020. I only see FSX?

However i selected it, and i have a connection. I am trying to fly the C172, can barely get it off the ground with trim set at take-off, the trim seems to be very sensitive. I need to figure a way to map it to the yoke?? Help?

Also if anyone has the settings i need for the 172 i would really appreciate. The ailerons are extremely slow to respond; the yoke takes a huge amount of pressure to pull back, or push forward. I can’t fly the plane with current settings. I have Crosswind pedals mapped for rudder and brakes and that works well. Can someone help with yoke settings??
    Many thanks from an old guy in the US!
    Lennie G

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello 🙂

@Lennie
    : I’ve just uploaded the “MSF2020 vjoy” profile that I use with MSFS2020 and my CLS-E Yoke (and CLS-E Rudder).
    As said in some previous posts, my CLS2Sim v4.27.6 is set up like this:

• Use MS Flight Simulator X® CHECKED (so you’re right: you only see FSX)
    • Force map vjoy Axes to Pitch/Roll/Yaw/Coll regardless of selected Sim CHECKED

I confirm that elevator trim is a bit sensitive…

I attached a 3rd image that shows my MSFS 2020 controls settings for the “VJOY DEVICE” (My vjoy version is 2.1.91, that is the one you find in your CLS2Sim folder “…\Brunner Elektronik AG\CLS2Sim\Virtual joystick driver”).

Hope this will help you 😉

Bets Regards,

Didier

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi Robert

To your questions:

I do not have “Yaw” in the Axis Range Settings as per https://cls2sim.brunner-innovation.swiss/CLSProfileManager.htm#range
    I do not have a force feedback rudder, is this why it is not listed?

Yes, these settings are only valid for Brunner Controls. Any other controls, you have to configure in the Sim itself.

I have set CLSE NG Yoke up in the CLS2Sim UI Version 4.27.6 as per the instructions:
    “Do not map any axis in the Simulator over vjoy or game controller, this is done in CLS2Sim (Force map vJoy Axes to Pitch/Roll is not needed)”
    The aileron and elevator do not move unless I assign the axis in MSFS. Am I misunderstanding something here?

I have updated the first post on this topic with a workaround.
    Ignore all instructions above the workaround. (This one too)

Regards
    Diego

Diego Bürgin
    Keymaster

Hi Marshall

For the autopilot workaround: Any possibility of patching CLS2Sim to simply intercept the in-sim AP command and use the state of it to determine whether to send a command to disconnect the hardware yaw axis whenever AP is engaged?

I am currently waiting in feedback for the rudder problem and working on the AP bug in the meantime.

I am not sure why you would want to disconnect the hardware yaw axis.
    I have somewhat narrowed down the behavior, but am still working on a solution without side effects.

Also, does this Simconnect bug affect Brunner pedals runing through CLS2Sim? It’s an expensive solution, but I’ve been tempted for awhile to get your pedals. :-;

No the Brunner pedals are not affected, as we inject them over SimConnect also. Only if you control yaw through a USB axis will you have the problem.
    I have posted the bug in the Flightsim Zendesk and it has been acknowledged.

Best Regards
    Diego

jaybird1nyc
    Participant

I can confirm that the issue still exists with the latest MSFS update installed, v1.8.3.0

I’m using a CLS-E MKII with Thrustmaster TPR pedals.

moriarty
    Participant

The ailerons are extremely slow to respond; the yoke takes a huge amount of pressure to pull back, or push forward.

I am seeing similar behavior.

I just received and setup my CLS-E MKII yoke and rudders. I have the yoke connected via USB and the pedals connected to the yoke via CAT-5. CLS2Sim setup went fine, settings set to FSX.

As soon as I connected to FS2020, the yolk went full forward. While idling, I cannot pull it back without applying more force than makes me feel like I’m going to break the controller.

Once I start taxiing, it loosens up a bit, but seem erratic and causes the C172 I’ve been testing to roll and nose over.

Actuating the brakes seem quite latent.

I have not installed vJoy as per the instructions on the title post.

I am using the default profile.

moriarty
    Participant

Update: I’m having slightly better luck with the “Cessna 172 SP – Stefan Brunner” cloud profile, although the brakes do not appear to work using that.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

BRUNNER Forum​

In the BRUNNER forum you will find various discussions on different topics, such as setup, software use or general questions and concerns. 

Discuss with forum mebers, share your knowledge and experience or find answers to frequently asked questions that are answered directly by our Brunner team.

Go to BRUNNER Forum.

BRUNNER Helpdesk​

Do you have questions about a product you have already purchased or are you facing technical issues? 

Check our FAQs for quick help. The most common questions or problems are described there, including instructions.

If you are still stuck, please contact our BRUNNER Helpdesk. Open a ticket here.

BRUNNER Simulation​

BRUNNER is a leading manufacturer of flight simulation devices for the professional as well as the enthusiast sector.

Unlike other manufacturers, Brunner offers a realistic flight experience with the help of Force Feedback Technology and Control Loading System.

Discover the BRUNNER Shop.

BRUNNER Simulation

Industriestrasse 27
8335 Hittnau

+41 (0)44 953 10 10
info@brunner-innovation.swiss

© 2023 BRUNNER Elektronik AG | Privacy Policy |  Legal notice